Sign in with
Your question

soyo dragon+ bios

Last response: in Motherboards
March 25, 2003 4:58:33 PM

recently i got it in me to do some over clocking again so i tried to get into the bios. it didnt work, i would hit del to get into the setup and i would just end up with a screen with a blue bar at the bottom, and a blinking cursor at the top. this is before it gets out of post so its not that its not trying to initialize the bios setup. sometimes i can get into the bios, its random, it usually takes about 3 reboots then i can get into the bios. when it gets to that screen, my computer is not locked up, the num lock still responds and i can ctl alt del to restart. an even rarer occurance is, when i do get into the bios somtimes it will lock up. usually when i go to the pc health page. it gets a reading of the voltage and temps once then the system is locked up. i tried flashing my bios but that didnt change anything. what else could i try? maybe its time to replace the board with a shiny new nforce 2 : )

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

More about : soyo dragon bios

March 26, 2003 3:29:38 AM

First let me start by saying that the Dragon + is the best mobo I have ever owned... so don't you dare diss it up ;) 

Anyway, I haven't come across such problems... have you tried clearing the cmos? you need to do that after you flash.. don't trust the software to do it... what version of the bios are you currently using?

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!
March 26, 2003 4:46:23 AM

yes it is a very good mother board, thats why i bought it. there are just little things that are bothersom about it. most times the bios doesnt save the setting for the usb to all enabled. and now this. i flashed the bios when i flashed it. and i have flashed it since then.

Related resources
March 26, 2003 4:52:52 AM

Ic.. hmm.. well I have had no problems with that mobo... at one point I was fooling around with bios flashing and I corrupted it but i sent it in for re-flashing at it was fine... that was my fault anyway... hmm... sorry man this is baffling... you know it may not even be your mobo... it way be something else entirely...

As for the usb to be enables... ?? mine works fine.

March 26, 2003 4:53:23 AM

Oh yeah.. so did you clear c-mos?

March 26, 2003 10:16:06 PM

bah! that last part i said i have flashed it since then should say i cleared it.

March 26, 2003 11:32:03 PM

ah ic...

March 27, 2003 11:31:45 AM

I have a Soyo Dragon, and hae had very similar problems. It happened when I tried to use a USB keyboard. For some reason the keyboard would work in the bios screen, but not in Windows. Also, the bios would stop responding after a few seconds as well. Are you using a USB keyboard?

The only way France is going in is if we tell them we've discovered truffles in Iraq. -Dennis Miller
March 27, 2003 8:51:24 PM

Yes I am using a USB keyboard.. remember you have to enable usb keyboard in the bios if you want to use it... I have had no problems...

March 27, 2003 9:26:40 PM

dont have a usb keyboard, that gives me an idea though, the only thing that changed is my mouse, i had it plugged into the usb from day one, recently i plugged it in the ps2 port. yes i know that it shouldnt have anything to do with it but i have seen worse.

March 28, 2003 11:04:41 AM

With my motherboard, after you enabled it in the bios, the usb ports would sometimes be disabled..sometimes not...I didn't feel like dealing with the angst so I went back to a ps2 keyboard.

The only way France is going in is if we tell them we've discovered truffles in Iraq. -Dennis Miller
March 28, 2003 11:17:28 AM

is your battery getting weak?

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>
March 28, 2003 7:55:58 PM

Yeah.. that might also be the problem.. people seem to forget about those.. even I did... good thinking jlanka..

!