Ventrilo Woes

zerstorer228

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
Recently I have been having problems with Ventrilo. Whenever I try to connect to a server, any server, it just sits there blankly, giving no error or warning of a problem. I recently changed over to Vista with my new computer, but Ventrilo initially worked without issue. The only thing that has changed is that I have changed internet service as part of a move. I've asked some of my tech-savvy friends and the problem has frustrated them to no end. I've reinstalled Ventrilo several times, removed the default settings, even tried running it in safe mode with networking, all with the same non-result. I've confirmed that my firewall is allowing Ventrilo as an exception, so the issue is officially a mystery to me. Any insight anyone could offer would be most appreciated.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
http://www.ventrilo.com/setup.php Did you follow these instructions to the letter? If not, do a full uninstall and start from the top.

If that doesnt work then it is most likely that the port you are trying to connect through is not set on your router. I beileve the default is 3784 so logon to your router and check out what is setup for Ventrilo.
Having said that, it probably bypasses all this but its the only thing i can think of at the mo.