Multiple windows open on the toolbar

January 27, 2005 1:57:56 AM

Is there a way to stop the windows from combing? Once I have 4+ open
they all combine to one. OS WinXP Pro.
January 27, 2005 3:04:35 AM

<tsgrl429-ent@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to stop the windows from combing? Once I have 4+ open
> they all combine to one. OS WinXP Pro.

Have you looked at the Taskbar properties setting 'Group similar taskbar
buttons"?
This makes multiple buttons of the same app combine.

hth

george
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:04:36 AM

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:04:35 +0100, "george"

><tsgrl429-ent@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to stop the windows from combing? Once I have 4+ open
>> they all combine to one. OS WinXP Pro.
>
>Have you looked at the Taskbar properties setting 'Group similar taskbar
>buttons"?
>This makes multiple buttons of the same app combine.
>
>hth
>
>george

No, What should be checked and unchecked? There is a check in Group
similar taskbar buttons.
Related resources
January 27, 2005 3:53:04 AM

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:04:35 +0100, "george"
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

>><tsgrl429-ent@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there a way to stop the windows from combing? Once I have 4+ open
>>> they all combine to one. OS WinXP Pro.
>>
>>Have you looked at the Taskbar properties setting 'Group similar taskbar
>>buttons"?
>>This makes multiple buttons of the same app combine.
>>
>>hth
>>
>>george
>>
> No, What should be checked and unchecked? There is a check in Group
> similar taskbar buttons.

checking it will group the buttons,
unchecking it should make the buttons *not* group

hth

george
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 12:26:24 PM

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:53:04 +0100, "george"

>checking it will group the buttons,
>unchecking it should make the buttons *not* group
>
>hth
>
>george

thanks george. this solved the problem. :)
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 5:51:58 PM

Description of the "Group Similar Taskbar Buttons" Option:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281629

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User