Multiple windows open on the toolbar

Is there a way to stop the windows from combing? Once I have 4+ open
they all combine to one. OS WinXP Pro.
5 answers Last reply
More about multiple windows open toolbar

    <tsgrl429-ent@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to stop the windows from combing? Once I have 4+ open
    > they all combine to one. OS WinXP Pro.

    Have you looked at the Taskbar properties setting 'Group similar taskbar
    buttons"?
    This makes multiple buttons of the same app combine.

    hth

    george

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:04:35 +0100, "george"

    ><tsgrl429-ent@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way to stop the windows from combing? Once I have 4+ open
    >> they all combine to one. OS WinXP Pro.
    >
    >Have you looked at the Taskbar properties setting 'Group similar taskbar
    >buttons"?
    >This makes multiple buttons of the same app combine.
    >
    >hth
    >
    >george

    No, What should be checked and unchecked? There is a check in Group
    similar taskbar buttons.

    > On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:04:35 +0100, "george"
    > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >

    >><tsgrl429-ent@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> Is there a way to stop the windows from combing? Once I have 4+ open
    >>> they all combine to one. OS WinXP Pro.
    >>
    >>Have you looked at the Taskbar properties setting 'Group similar taskbar
    >>buttons"?
    >>This makes multiple buttons of the same app combine.
    >>
    >>hth
    >>
    >>george
    >>
    > No, What should be checked and unchecked? There is a check in Group
    > similar taskbar buttons.

    checking it will group the buttons,
    unchecking it should make the buttons *not* group

    hth

    george

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:53:04 +0100, "george"

    >checking it will group the buttons,
    >unchecking it should make the buttons *not* group
    >
    >hth
    >
    >george

    thanks george. this solved the problem. :)

    Description of the "Group Similar Taskbar Buttons" Option:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281629

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    <tsgrl429-ent@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to stop the windows from combing? Once I have 4+ open
    > they all combine to one. OS WinXP Pro.

Microsoft Windows XP