hyperlinks stopped working

my hyperlink have stoped working its like they dont tell explorer to open has
something been deleted and can it be put back on from the xp cd
3 answers Last reply
More about hyperlinks stopped working

    Hi james,

    Give this a try and see if it resolves the problem.......

    Go to Start>Run and key in:
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    Click on OK or hit ENTER
    Click on OK in the RegSvr32 dialogue box.

    Go to Control Panel>Internet Options>Programs tab. Click on the Reset Web
    Settings button.

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my hyperlink have stoped working its like they dont tell explorer to open
    has
    > something been deleted and can it be put back on from the xp cd

    1. You click on a hyperlink and an IE window doesn't even open: See
    http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx

    2. You click on a hyperlink and an IE window opens but it doesn't load:

    Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

    Installing the latest Cumulative Patch for IE may solve the problem as a
    side-effect. Check in at Windows Update.

    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    james wrote:
    > my hyperlink have stoped working its like they dont tell explorer to open
    > has something been deleted and can it be put back on from the xp cd
  3. Quote:

    Hi james,

    Give this a try and see if it resolves the problem.......

    Go to Start>Run and key in:
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    Click on OK or hit ENTER
    Click on OK in the RegSvr32 dialogue box.

    Go to Control Panel>Internet Options>Programs tab. Click on the Reset Web
    Settings button.

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my hyperlink have stoped working its like they dont tell explorer to open
    has
    > something been deleted and can it be put back on from the xp cd

    I also found hyperlinks not connecting ( XP pro SP3 IE7). Tried the above fix and voila, all is right again. I did find one difference however. 'Reset Internet Settings' was under the 'advanced' tab, not 'properties'.

Microsoft Windows XP