Something is not allowing me to log into a website

I think I have tried everything, but every time I try and log into this
website I get an error message saying it is unavailable, my automatic updates
are all updated, so not sure what it could be?? HELP!!

Hi, Bubblygrl.

Is it a secret, or can you tell what "this website" is? If we also can't
get in, then the problem may not be on your computer at all.

You may need to check the settings of your firewall/privacy/antivirus
software. You also didn't mention any of those, but some of them let you
turn off such things as ActiveX, and some websites won't allow you in
without turning that back on.

If you're using SP2, you might have missed the easily-missed toolbar that
sometimes appears at the top of your browser window. If that toolbar
appears, click it to see your options.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Bubblygrl" <Bubblygrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think I have tried everything, but every time I try and log into this
> website I get an error message saying it is unavailable, my automatic
> updates
> are all updated, so not sure what it could be?? HELP!!

Thanks for responding! this is for 2checkout.com, I am trying to log into my
account and its not letting me! does that help?

Stephanie (Bubblygrl)

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Bubblygrl.
>
> Is it a secret, or can you tell what "this website" is? If we also can't
> get in, then the problem may not be on your computer at all.
>
> You may need to check the settings of your firewall/privacy/antivirus
> software. You also didn't mention any of those, but some of them let you
> turn off such things as ActiveX, and some websites won't allow you in
> without turning that back on.
>
> If you're using SP2, you might have missed the easily-missed toolbar that
> sometimes appears at the top of your browser window. If that toolbar
> appears, click it to see your options.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "Bubblygrl" <Bubblygrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I think I have tried everything, but every time I try and log into this
> > website I get an error message saying it is unavailable, my automatic
> > updates
> > are all updated, so not sure what it could be?? HELP!!

I have tried the anitvirus and there is no toolbar that pops up when I go
into the website, I am so frustrated by this!

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Bubblygrl.
>
> Is it a secret, or can you tell what "this website" is? If we also can't
> get in, then the problem may not be on your computer at all.
>
> You may need to check the settings of your firewall/privacy/antivirus
> software. You also didn't mention any of those, but some of them let you
> turn off such things as ActiveX, and some websites won't allow you in
> without turning that back on.
>
> If you're using SP2, you might have missed the easily-missed toolbar that
> sometimes appears at the top of your browser window. If that toolbar
> appears, click it to see your options.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "Bubblygrl" <Bubblygrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I think I have tried everything, but every time I try and log into this
> > website I get an error message saying it is unavailable, my automatic
> > updates
> > are all updated, so not sure what it could be?? HELP!!

Hi, Stephanie.

I typed "2checkout" into IE's address box and pressed Ctrl+Enter. IE added
the ".com" stuff and, voila! The 2CO home page appeared! I clicked Go to
Shopping Mall and got that page, but I didn't go any further because I'm not
interested in shopping there or signing up for anything. I clicked on Login
and got that page, but didn't try logging in since I don't have an account
(and don't want to sign up for one).

Are you having trouble accessing the home page, or in getting into your
account? Have you clicked on Contact Us?

RC