Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What Build Version Is This?

Last response: in Windows 7
August 25, 2010 6:16:15 PM

Just bought a OEM System Builder Pack of Windows Home Premium 7 - 64 bit. It says the build date was 10/07/2009 to a novice such as myself that seems pretty old. The outside of the DVD box lists many things like Carton No., Work Order No., Label Part No., Internal Part No., etc. W/O breaking the seal and opening the outer cardboard cover, how can I find out what the "build version" is (that seems to be the way people refer to their version) also, does that seem "old" and if it is, will updating it be as good as the newest version or should I just find a newer one. I am trying to make as few mistakes as I can on this being my first complete system build and it is almost finished and I am getting pretty nervous about that "First Big Boot"! Thanks for the help and try and remember your first build. :ouch: 

More about : build version

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
August 25, 2010 8:42:50 PM

There has only been one release of Windows 7 to date, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Windows will download any updates required after instalation.
a c 209 $ Windows 7
August 25, 2010 8:53:10 PM

Jonmor is right - the build date you quoted is when the current version of Windows 7 was built. There is no newer version.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 26, 2010 7:34:06 AM

After applying all Windows Updates, it will be completely "up to date", so to speak.
m
l
August 26, 2010 4:00:42 PM

:
Jonmor68 said:
There has only been one release of Windows 7 to date, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Windows will download any updates required after instalation.

:hello:  Thank you for your reply. I am sure it will be fine.
m
l
August 26, 2010 4:08:37 PM

sminlal said:
Jonmor is right - the build date you quoted is when the current version of Windows 7 was built. There is no newer version.

:D  Thanks for the advice. I am a bit nervous about my 1st build and am double , triple checking all my stuff. I will post photos when I am done.
m
l
August 26, 2010 4:14:13 PM

Herr_Koos said:
After applying all Windows Updates, it will be completely "up to date", so to speak.

:D  Thanks for the info. I got it from a good store and I am sure what you guys say is correct. Thanks again and have a good one.
m
l
August 26, 2010 4:26:47 PM

Best answer selected by WaterRabbit.
m
l
!