'Fixing' windows

When working on the internet, I have wanted to use radio internet for music
and have clicked on a shortcut on my desktop to conjure up the music. When
I do, I've 'lost' the original screen of material, as the new frame 'wants'
to use the one already in existance. How do I prevent that? How do I make
new 'frames' form new windows on the desktop?

Mike
1 answer Last reply
More about fixing windows

    Right-click on your Desktop Internet Explorer icon and select:
    Properties > Advanced and 'uncheck' "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts",
    then click "Apply".

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "mike carrington" wrote:

    | When working on the internet, I have wanted to use radio internet for music
    | and have clicked on a shortcut on my desktop to conjure up the music. When
    | I do, I've 'lost' the original screen of material, as the new frame 'wants'
    | to use the one already in existance. How do I prevent that? How do I make
    | new 'frames' form new windows on the desktop?
    |
    | Mike

Desktops Music Internet Windows XP