standby/hibernate doesn't wake up

Hi. i got a problem with standby or hibernate. when i try to click the mouse
or press any key it doesnt wake up after i put my computer to standy or
hibernate. can you shed some light on this?

--
Dada Ashiishananda
51 Sussex St. Grey Lynn

Hi,

Yes, was it working before? What did you change? Many things can cause these
functions to fail, frequently they are driver changes.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ashiishananda" <ashiishananda@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi. i got a problem with standby or hibernate. when i try to click the
> mouse or press any key it doesnt wake up after i put my computer to standy
> or hibernate. can you shed some light on this?
>
> --
> Dada Ashiishananda
> 51 Sussex St. Grey Lynn
> Auckland
> tel. 3762290/3768011
> mobile 0211582298

Rick,
it was not working at align the beginning. I just didnt bother to much to do
something about it cause that time i was not on a broadband connection and i
just turned off the computer when iam not using it.

--
Dada Ashiishananda
51 Sussex St. Grey Lynn
> Hi,
>
> Yes, was it working before? What did you change? Many things can cause
> these functions to fail, frequently they are driver changes.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "ashiishananda" <ashiishananda@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>> Hi. i got a problem with standby or hibernate. when i try to click the
>> mouse or press any key it doesnt wake up after i put my computer to
>> standy or hibernate. can you shed some light on this?
>>
>> --
>> Dada Ashiishananda
>> 51 Sussex St. Grey Lynn
>> Auckland
>> tel. 3762290/3768011
>> mobile 0211582298

Hi,

It may not be supported, it isn't in all systems. What you can try is
updating all system drivers. Do this from the manufacturer of the
components, not Windows Update.

--

> Rick,
> it was not working at align the beginning. I just didnt bother to much to
> do something about it cause that time i was not on a broadband connection
> and i just turned off the computer when iam not using it.
>
> --
> Dada Ashiishananda
> 51 Sussex St. Grey Lynn
> Auckland
> tel. 3762290/3768011
> mobile 0211582298
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, was it working before? What did you change? Many things can cause
>> these functions to fail, frequently they are driver changes.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "ashiishananda" <ashiishananda@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> Hi. i got a problem with standby or hibernate. when i try to click the
>>> mouse or press any key it doesnt wake up after i put my computer to
>>> standy or hibernate. can you shed some light on this?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dada Ashiishananda
>>> 51 Sussex St. Grey Lynn
>>> Auckland

> Hi,
>
> It may not be supported, it isn't in all systems. What you can try is
> updating all system drivers. Do this from the manufacturer of the
> components, not Windows Update.

How do i do that? My knowledge is very limited.

--
Dada Ashiishananda
51 Sussex St. Grey Lynn
Auckland
tel. 3762290/3768011
mobile 0211582298
> Hi,
>
> It may not be supported, it isn't in all systems. What you can try is
> updating all system drivers. Do this from the manufacturer of the
> components, not Windows Update.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "ashiishananda" <ashiishananda@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>> Rick,
>> it was not working at align the beginning. I just didnt bother to much to
>> do something about it cause that time i was not on a broadband connection
>> and i just turned off the computer when iam not using it.
>>
>> --
>> Dada Ashiishananda
>> 51 Sussex St. Grey Lynn
>> Auckland
>> tel. 3762290/3768011
>> mobile 0211582298
>> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Yes, was it working before? What did you change? Many things can cause
>>> these functions to fail, frequently they are driver changes.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>>
>>> "ashiishananda" <ashiishananda@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

Hi,

Ok, as an example, let's start with the mouse. What brand is it? If it is
from Logitech, then go to logitech support and download, then install, the
most recent driver set for your model. If it is some generic model that came
with the pc, go to the system manufacturer's site and look for an updated
driver there.

You will have to check your system documentation for specifications as to
what components were used. You can also use something like Everest Home
Edition (free from lavasys.com) to give you an overview of the hardware
being used.

--

>> Hi,
>>
>> It may not be supported, it isn't in all systems. What you can try is
>> updating all system drivers. Do this from the manufacturer of the
>> components, not Windows Update.
>>

> How do i do that? My knowledge is very limited.
>
> --
> Dada Ashiishananda
> 51 Sussex St. Grey Lynn
> Auckland
> tel. 3762290/3768011
> mobile 0211582298
>> Hi,
>>
>> It may not be supported, it isn't in all systems. What you can try is
>> updating all system drivers. Do this from the manufacturer of the
>> components, not Windows Update.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "ashiishananda" <ashiishananda@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> Rick,
>>> it was not working at align the beginning. I just didnt bother to much
>>> to do something about it cause that time i was not on a broadband
>>> connection and i just turned off the computer when iam not using it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dada Ashiishananda
>>> 51 Sussex St. Grey Lynn
>>> Auckland