How do I get System Restor Backup, to go to a Removable Dr..

How do I get System Restore Backup,
to go to a Removable Drive??

Thanks
D.
4 answers Last reply
More about system restor backup removable

    System Restore doesn't create restore points on removable media. Don't be
    confusing System Restore with backing up your computer. They ain't the same
    thing.

    Modem Ani

    "Dorothy" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > How do I get System Restore Backup,
    > to go to a Removable Drive??
    >
    > Thanks
    > D.

    Here's some additional information Dorothy.

    Frequently Asked Questions Regarding System Restore in Windows XP
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnanchor/html/anch_winxp.asp

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

    Dorothy wrote:
    > How do I get System Restore Backup,
    > to go to a Removable Drive??
    >
    > Thanks
    > D.

    System Restore is *NOT* a form of backup, and should not be used as such. It
    merely takes a snapshot of system and program files - it does *NOT* back-up
    personal files.
    on salads.

    Dorothy wrote:

    >How do I get System Restore Backup,
    >to go to a Removable Drive??

    System Restore is not a full backup but a means of restoring system
    files and settings. It holds the data on the drive being monitored, and
    you cant put it anywhere else. If you want a proper backup (especially
    of data files) use a program designed for the job

System Restore Backup Microsoft Windows XP