Monitor Fault

a b C Monitor
January 28, 2005 4:57:04 PM

I have recently changed from windows 98 to windows xp. I have a rage video
card installed. I have completed all the adjustments I can, but the only
fault is that when scrolling down a window, the page seems to "shimmer"
rather than move slowly. Should I install a new Graphic Card?

More about : monitor fault

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 28, 2005 7:37:21 PM

Del Ings wrote:
> I have recently changed from windows 98 to windows xp. I have a rage video
> card installed. I have completed all the adjustments I can, but the only
> fault is that when scrolling down a window, the page seems to "shimmer"
> rather than move slowly. Should I install a new Graphic Card?

You should see if there's an XP driver available.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 29, 2005 5:12:23 AM

Raymond J. Johnson Jr. wrote:
> Del Ings wrote:
>> I have recently changed from windows 98 to windows xp. I have a rage
>> video card installed. I have completed all the adjustments I can,
>> but the only fault is that when scrolling down a window, the page
>> seems to "shimmer" rather than move slowly. Should I install a new
>> Graphic Card?
>
> You should see if there's an XP driver available.

For an ATI Rage?! I very much doubt it.

According to ATI: -

Drivers for Rage 128 or Rage Pro can be found on the XP CD. The Rage II,
II+, 3D Rage and Rage IIC are *NOT* supported under either XP or 2000.

The OP should, IMNSHO, ditch the card for something more modern. Having said
that, if the Rage card was installed when the system was purchased, then I
don't rate his chances of finding anything compatible. Someone correct me,
but I don't believe the Rage series was even AGP.

on salads.
!