Talking to Jeryn - The Hard Way

One time after killing Duriel in HC, Jeryn was still in the palace.
Apparently someone made the game with a lowere character. But we were
able to talk to jeryn still. We were able toclick on him inside the
palace and hence move onto Kurast.

However one time Jeryn was standing too far out of the way and my Zon
could not talk to him. My Zon did have the Arcan WP. She went to the
Arcane WP and through the portal into the Palace Cellar Level 3 and ran
and fought or ran while her merc and valk fought up through the place
and harem and met Jeryn in the palace and talked to him. Then a TP and
Meshif was right there to take her to Kurast.

Pain in the ass but it worked.

Of course I could have made another game. That would have worked.

Orion Ryder

I've had that happen a few times. Every time that it's happened to me,
there has been someone in act one who hasn't earned the final act two
quest yet. Like you say, most times you can talk to him from between
the guards, on sometimes through the grille to the left of the left
guard.

For that reason, I always make sure to get the palace waypoint. Makes
coming back up a lot easier, if needed.

< Of course I could have made another game. That would have worked

Well, yeah, but if we always wanted to take the easy way, we wouldn't
be wasting a good share of our lives playing this silly game [Grin]

Ruben

I think it was "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> that wrote
something like...

>One time after killing Duriel in HC, Jeryn was still in the palace.
>Apparently someone made the game with a lowere character. But we were
>able to talk to jeryn still. We were able toclick on him inside the
>palace and hence move onto Kurast.
>
>However one time Jeryn was standing too far out of the way and my Zon
>could not talk to him. My Zon did have the Arcan WP. She went to the
>Arcane WP and through the portal into the Palace Cellar Level 3 and ran
>and fought or ran while her merc and valk fought up through the place
>and harem and met Jeryn in the palace and talked to him. Then a TP and
>Meshif was right there to take her to Kurast.
>
>Pain in the ass but it worked.
>
>Of course I could have made another game. That would have worked.
>
>Orion Ryder

The guards only move out of the way when someone, possibly only
someone that needs the summoner quest, talks to Drognan and even then,
*only* if no one has yet entered the Arcane Sanctuary in that game.
It's the thing to remember when rushing. After kicking over the viper
altar, the rushee should talk to Drognan before the rusher starts
looking for the summoner.
Though, if the rusher puts up a tp just down the stairs from Jeryn, it
could possibly be quicker to have the rushee go that way, as it'd
already be by the tp's after coming up from talking to Tyreal, and
Mesif is also near the tp's, so you wouldn't have to run all the way
across town from Jeryn to Mesif.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I think it was "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> that wrote
>>One time after killing Duriel in HC, Jeryn was still in the palace.
>
> Though, if the rusher puts up a tp just down the stairs from Jeryn, it
> could possibly be quicker to have the rushee go that way, as it'd
> already be by the tp's after coming up from talking to Tyreal, and
> Mesif is also near the tp's, so you wouldn't have to run all the way
> across town from Jeryn to Mesif.

Hmmmh... ish there a shortaghe of h lhetters in the Nhew Whorld? Ask
teh French, they don't need theirs anymore.

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in

> One time after killing Duriel in HC, Jeryn was still in the palace.
> Apparently someone made the game with a lowere character. But we were
> able to talk to jeryn still. We were able toclick on him inside the
> palace and hence move onto Kurast.
>
> However one time Jeryn was standing too far out of the way and my Zon
> could not talk to him. My Zon did have the Arcan WP. She went to the
> Arcane WP and through the portal into the Palace Cellar Level 3 and
> ran and fought or ran while her merc and valk fought up through the
> place and harem and met Jeryn in the palace and talked to him. Then a
> TP and Meshif was right there to take her to Kurast.
>
> Pain in the ass but it worked.
>
> Of course I could have made another game. That would have worked.
>
> Orion Ryder

An old trick, but a good one none the less :eek:)

I think it was Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi> that wrote
something like...

>Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I think it was "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> that wrote
>>>One time after killing Duriel in HC, Jeryn was still in the palace.
>>
>> Though, if the rusher puts up a tp just down the stairs from Jeryn, it
>> could possibly be quicker to have the rushee go that way, as it'd
>> already be by the tp's after coming up from talking to Tyreal, and
>> Mesif is also near the tp's, so you wouldn't have to run all the way
>> across town from Jeryn to Mesif.
>
>Hmmmh... ish there a shortaghe of h lhetters in the Nhew Whorld? Ask
>teh French, they don't need theirs anymore.

Eh, like I'm going to bother looking up the correct spelling. If I
have that sort of time spare at the computer, I'd be playing the game!

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I think it was Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi> that wrote
>>Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>>> I think it was "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> that wrote
>>>
>>> Though, if the rusher puts up a tp just down the stairs from Jeryn, it
>>> could possibly be quicker to have the rushee go that way, as it'd
>>> already be by the tp's after coming up from talking to Tyreal, and
>>> Mesif is also near the tp's, so you wouldn't have to run all the way
>>> across town from Jeryn to Mesif.
>>
>>Hmmmh... ish there a shortaghe of h lhetters in the Nhew Whorld? Ask
>>teh French, they don't need theirs anymore.
>
> Eh, like I'm going to bother looking up the correct spelling. If I
> have that sort of time spare at the computer, I'd be playing the game!

Stop making up excuses! Just blame sort.

Orion Ryder schrieb:

> One time after killing Duriel in HC, Jeryn was still in the palace.
> Apparently someone made the game with a lowere character.
[In one case, had to go through Arcane/Cellars/Harem to talk to Jeryn]

There's another fun thing with stairs in Lut Gholein: if you enter the
sewers via the dockside entrance and then leave via the normal exit,
you'll get out _without opening the trapdoor_. At least that's how it
works in SP.

--
Jos ei sika syö, niin kyllähän piika syö.

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"Jaakko Raipala" <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi> wrote in message
> Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I think it was Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi> that wrote

>>>Hmmmh... ish there a shortaghe of h lhetters in the Nhew Whorld? Ask
>>>teh French, they don't need theirs anymore.
>>
>> Eh, like I'm going to bother looking up the correct spelling. If I
>> have that sort of time spare at the computer, I'd be playing the game!
>
> Stop making up excuses! Just blame sort.

LMFAO now that was wort it 8D

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.