Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Any halfway decent 3rd party wii games?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 2, 2009 2:33:55 AM

Sp i just modded my wii, which means i can finally start getting games for it! :D  ;) . Ive got all the basics (mario, zelda, ssb,) and now im looking for some non-nintendo games. Other than okami and harvest moon, there is nothing that doesn't look like rubbish. :o  What gives? is Nintendo the only one who can make a halfway decent game for the wii :heink:  ! Does anybody know of any GOOD wii games other than what Nintendo has?
February 2, 2009 3:51:16 PM

Resident Evil 4: wii edition.. best game on wii
Related resources
February 2, 2009 7:18:12 PM

I got bad news for you: there aren't many good, unique 3rd party games for the wii...and frankly, they all use the same formula anyway...

I expect this wii craze to end later this year, once people run out of ideas for "Swing, Slash, and Chop"
February 3, 2009 1:03:15 AM

Well this is depressing, ive allreadly played through world of goo on pc, and i refuse to touch a resident evil game with a ten foot pole. Looks like , even hacked, my wii is still a shiny, white, expensive paperweight.
February 3, 2009 1:30:42 AM

I've been sort of looking at a Wii as my first game console. Based on what I've seen and read (every now and then) there aren't any good 3rd party games for it so far.

I think there will be some decent 3rd party games relatively soon. Basically many game publishers (like EA) dismissed the Wii console as merely a toy. When it caught on like wildfire, those game companies rushed out games (either original or ported) to get some extra revenue.

The only 3rd party game I can say I was interested in purchasing (if I had a Wii) is The Force Unleashed 'cause they don't make it for the PC.

Maybe all these 3rd party developers will finally get their acts together by the time the Wii 2 (or Wii HD or whatever) is scheduled to be released (2011 unless it is delayed).
February 3, 2009 11:49:40 AM

jaguarskx said:
I've been sort of looking at a Wii as my first game console. Based on what I've seen and read (every now and then) there aren't any good 3rd party games for it so far.

I think there will be some decent 3rd party games relatively soon. Basically many game publishers (like EA) dismissed the Wii console as merely a toy. When it caught on like wildfire, those game companies rushed out games (either original or ported) to get some extra revenue.

The only 3rd party game I can say I was interested in purchasing (if I had a Wii) is The Force Unleashed 'cause they don't make it for the PC.

Maybe all these 3rd party developers will finally get their acts together by the time the Wii 2 (or Wii HD or whatever) is scheduled to be released (2011 unless it is delayed).


The problem is the cost of porting something to the Wii. They tried with CoD, that crashed and burned. EA's "All Play" burned. People are demanding next gen graphics, but that simply isn't possible as it doesn't have any oomph. Throw in the fact the wiimote isn't the most accurate tool out there, and you will see the same lack of support the Gamecube suffered.

The Wii is a family party console, nothing more. If you can get a group together, then great. But don't expect many hardcore games on the console, especially with Nintendo constantly worried about its squeaky clean image (SNES port of MK anyone?)
February 4, 2009 12:50:12 PM

EAZY-E said:
Sp i just modded my wii, which means i can finally start getting games for it! :D  ;) . Ive got all the basics (mario, zelda, ssb,) and now im looking for some non-nintendo games. Other than okami and harvest moon, there is nothing that doesn't look like rubbish. :o  What gives?

Harvest Moon? You like harvest moon? And you talk about good games?

Well, in this case, you may like animal crossing, paper mario and similar games.
February 4, 2009 3:06:13 PM

EA is bringing over Dead Space and will put over half of their 2009 effort onto Wii.

Sega also has some heavy support coming. House of the Dead: Overkill releases this week, MadWorld hits in March and The Conduit a few months later. Along with what looks like a really good Sonic game - for once.

Ubisoft has stated all their upcoming Tom Clancy games will be on Wii now that they've completed the Wii version of the Tom Clancy game engine.

Crytek, who just purchased Free Radical and was working on a Wii version of Time Splitters 4, has had Wii dev kits for almost 2 years now with engineers working on a game engine.

Activision is pleased with CoD:WaW on Wii and will bring it CoD:MW2 later this year.

This year looks to have quite a lot of good 3rd party support for the core gamer type. Much more so than last year.
February 5, 2009 9:06:55 PM

Quote:
Harvest Moon? You like harvest moon? And you talk about good games?


Dude don't mess with harvest moon, its a farming rpg ;)  . Animal crossing looks lame and am i the only one who hated super paper Mario with a vengeance? Is it an rpg or not?! MAKE UP YOUR MIND NINTENDO! I do think that 2009 will be a good year for the wii, im actually looking forward to madworld (i would give it a 75% of sucking, and a 25% chance of being awesome). All the generic efpeeses should provide some entertainment, but id rather play them with keyboard, mouse, and quad-core ;)  . Kinda depressed that there are no original unique games for the wii, with its hardware being "unique"

February 6, 2009 2:38:55 AM

Original?

Try No More Hereos (sequel on the way as well).
Boom Blox (also getting a sequel).
Endless Ocean (also getting a sequel. Very different but relaxing game).
deBlob (Ses above).
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (again, see above).
Zack and Wiki (no sequel coming).

The Wii will get much more original (and sequels to originals) soon. Publisher simply wrote off the Wii back in 2006 and it takes years to change directions so despite the insane hardware sales, publishers have not been able to do much yet outside quick cash ins.
September 28, 2009 12:37:15 PM

The wii is officially dieing by crapware, just like the gamecube. Devs want a common formula so they can port games easily, but with the wii, this is impossible.

Even hits like dead space and CoD have crashed and burned, EA still doesn't have a clue on how to approach the wii, and more and more people are complaining about graphic quality. Worse, the wii formula "Swing, chop, slash" has gotten so repetitive, its no fun to even play anymore.

The Wii is a party console, nothing more.
!