Windows Xp Home Runs then stops and dark screen appears. I..

Carl

Windows Xp Home Runs then stops and dark screen appears. It appears to crash
as its a dark screen with a mouse pointer showing. Please help me get it to
boot. I tried to repair installation and its no help.

Hi Carl,

Some background on the system and what you were doing with it would be
helpful. Had there previously been any error messages? Was it giving you
trouble already? Install, uninstall, or update anything recently? How about
Safe mode?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/