website icon for desktop shortcut

How do you get a company's icon on on a desktop shortcut (citizens bank for
example) I was able to get some of the other company's icon by pointing to
the icon on the address bar, dragging and dropping it to the desktop but when
i did that for Citizen Bank it did not work. How can I solve this problem.
This is for a friend of mines that been dealing with problem for a while. He
does not want to call the bank to find out he gets the internet explorer icon
with the right words he knows how to put another icon but he wants the
correct icon. He has asked me to help him. I am asking you to help me.
Thank You

map

"new office 2003 user" wrote:

> How do you get a company's icon on on a desktop shortcut (citizens bank for
> example) I was able to get some of the other company's icon by pointing to
> the icon on the address bar, dragging and dropping it to the desktop but when
> i did that for Citizen Bank it did not work. How can I solve this problem.
> This is for a friend of mines that been dealing with problem for a while. He
> does not want to call the bank to find out he gets the internet explorer icon
> with the right words he knows how to put another icon but he wants the
> correct icon. He has asked me to help him. I am asking you to help me.
> Thank You

map

"MAP" wrote:

> "new office 2003 user" wrote:
>
> > How do you get a company's icon on on a desktop shortcut (citizens bank for
> > example) I was able to get some of the other company's icon by pointing to
> > the icon on the address bar, dragging and dropping it to the desktop but when
> > i did that for Citizen Bank it did not work. How can I solve this problem.
> > This is for a friend of mines that been dealing with problem for a while. He
> > does not want to call the bank to find out he gets the internet explorer icon
> > with the right words he knows how to put another icon but he wants the
> > correct icon. He has asked me to help him. I am asking you to help me.
> > Thank You

Better yet use this link,no subscription required.
http://www.pctipp.ch/library/actions/pre_download.asp?id=1840

Preserve the favicons using AM-Deadlink:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/favicon.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User