iam a new user and i dont know how to troubleshoot my pc, sudeenly there is
no soun. but when i used it earlier there's a sound. now, when i try to play
my windows media player it says "cannot play back the audio stream: no audio
hardware is available, or the hardware is not responding." what should i do?
help.
i also tried running my winamp but it says "the specied device is already in
use. wait until its free, and then try again." what does that mean? i've
recently applied an internet connection and i think the problem started when
i start using the net. help! ive got a huge problem here plus dont forget
that iam a new user. i feel so hopeless. is there anything microsofft can do
to help? or can they fix my pc thru the net?because i dont know much about
computers and that could be one big problem. i feel hopeless. my mom would
kill me if she found out that we had to pay a technician to reformat the
pc.please please help me.

Troubleshoot video and audio
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010842241033.aspx

Resources for Troubleshooting Sound Problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307918

Troubleshooting Windows Media Player 10 Error Messages
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/errors.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"new user SOS!" <new user SOS!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> iam a new user and i dont know how to troubleshoot my pc, sudeenly there is
> no soun. but when i used it earlier there's a sound. now, when i try to play
> my windows media player it says "cannot play back the audio stream: no audio
> hardware is available, or the hardware is not responding." what should i do?
> help.
> i also tried running my winamp but it says "the specied device is already in
> use. wait until its free, and then try again." what does that mean? i've
> recently applied an internet connection and i think the problem started when
> i start using the net. help! ive got a huge problem here plus dont forget
> that iam a new user. i feel so hopeless. is there anything microsofft can do
> to help? or can they fix my pc thru the net?because i dont know much about
> computers and that could be one big problem. i feel hopeless. my mom would
> kill me if she found out that we had to pay a technician to reformat the
> pc.please please help me.

Hi,

Try the 6th FAQ section here:

Courtesy MVP Kelly.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"new user SOS!" <new user SOS!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> iam a new user and i dont know how to troubleshoot my pc, sudeenly there
> is
> no soun. but when i used it earlier there's a sound. now, when i try to
> play
> my windows media player it says "cannot play back the audio stream: no
> audio
> hardware is available, or the hardware is not responding." what should i
> do?
> help.
> i also tried running my winamp but it says "the specied device is already
> in
> use. wait until its free, and then try again." what does that mean? i've
> recently applied an internet connection and i think the problem started
> when
> i start using the net. help! ive got a huge problem here plus dont forget
> that iam a new user. i feel so hopeless. is there anything microsofft can
> do
> to help? or can they fix my pc thru the net?because i dont know much about
> computers and that could be one big problem. i feel hopeless. my mom would
> kill me if she found out that we had to pay a technician to reformat the
> pc.please please help me.

Mika

new user SOS! wrote:
> iam a new user and i dont know how to troubleshoot my pc, sudeenly there is
> no soun. but when i used it earlier there's a sound. now, when i try to play
> my windows media player it says "cannot play back the audio stream: no audio
> hardware is available, or the hardware is not responding." what should i do?
> help.
> i also tried running my winamp but it says "the specied device is already in
> use. wait until its free, and then try again." what does that mean? i've
> recently applied an internet connection and i think the problem started when
> i start using the net. help! ive got a huge problem here plus dont forget
> that iam a new user. i feel so hopeless. is there anything microsofft can do
> to help? or can they fix my pc thru the net?because i dont know much about
> computers and that could be one big problem. i feel hopeless. my mom would
> kill me if she found out that we had to pay a technician to reformat the
> pc.please please help me.
I encountered similar problem today, cure was on this occasion to
reinstall soundcards drivers & software You propably have those on some
CD-ROM which came along with youre PC Try those