Sick of Apple News on Tom's Hardware? Read This

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Apple News like "The new iPad" or "New version of iPhone" it's ok, but there are lots of news about the same product again and again. I don't want to stop hearing about Apple, just moderate the news about them. Thanks, salutes.

pcuser12

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]shadow187[/nom]Wow, I'm surprised. That's showing quite some love for the knuckleheads who don't know how to NOT CLICK LINKS THAT THEY DON'T WANT TO READ.[/citation]

Thank you, it really is just that SIMPLE. If you don't like the feeling of your "eyes melting" then don't put the hot iron on it.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
Really Tuan, that is not needed, people are just not obliged to click on a particular link!

I am a proud owner of many devices/gadgets/computers, NONE of them made by apple; I think iTunes is a disgraceful piece of software, and I just wish no site on earth would require me tu have quicktime installed to access some content, but that does not mean I'm not interested in technology. Hey, they might actually make a product I will want sometime in the future!

... er.... probably not, because it's the underlying philosophy that gets reflected in the end product that bothers me, and that is unlikely to change in the near future, at least while Jobs is the CEO, but it's always good to know, or be able to know, that's the point of a technology site like this.

Bottom line is, Apple is on the news. Don't like ? Don't read it. Read the ones you like, or come back later.

sandypants

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]Do you want this or not? Yes or no?[/citation]

Tom's does a good job afaik, it's not necessary, no, I don't want it.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Without the iPad articles where are we going to bash Apple? We need these articles in order to properly vent our Jobs induced frustration.

buddhav1

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Tuan, while i certainly appreciate the effort you're making for some of your users, I think the intelligent community here has no problem seeing Apple products featured. If people are so lazy that they can't simply ignore an article they don't want to read, then they don't deserve Toms in the first place. Read what you want, people. It's not hard.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
[citation][nom]shadow187[/nom]Wow, I'm surprised. That's showing quite some love for the knuckleheads who don't know how to NOT CLICK LINKS THAT THEY DON'T WANT TO READ.[/citation]
They have been the ONLY links in town of late, sadly.

ravicai

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
Believe me, this site isn't nearly as bad as Engadget. Or should I say iEngadget. Apple news is fine to me, as long as it's not 90% of the news. The general consensus here is that most of your viewers don't want an iPad. So, you'll be better received if you spend more time covering technology they are interested in.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I guess it was too hard for the blowhards who keep whining about Apple incessantly to just NOT click the links. There are constantly articles on Tom's I'm just not interested in reading. Maybe I should start clicking on these articles and going straight to the comments section to bitch about how I'm not interested in them. Sounds like a plan.

Guys complaining about this need to grow up. I wish Tom's wouldn't cave in to these cellar dweller fanboys.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]ravicai[/nom]Believe me, this site isn't nearly as bad as Engadget. Or should I say iEngadget. Apple news is fine to me, as long as it's not 90% of the news. The general consensus here is that most of your viewers don't want an iPad. So, you'll be better received if you spend more time covering technology they are interested in.[/citation]

No, the "general" consensus of some commenters, are that they do not want Apple news. 99% of TH readers never post a comment. Still, I strive to please, while still reporting. This is a compromise I think is more than fair for those few who want to complain day in and day out.

/ Tuan

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
There is no problem with having Apple news on this site. The problem is that there's just way too many repeating Apple news that could be merged or updated like you often do with other articles. It's the consistency, man!

ravicai

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]No, the "general" consensus of some commenters, are that they do not want Apple news. 99% of TH readers never post a comment. Still, I strive to please, while still reporting. This is a compromise I think is more than fair for those few who want to complain day in and day out./ Tuan[/citation]

Yes, but the negative comments about the iPad also have 20+ thumbs up.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]There is no problem with having Apple news on this site. The program is that there's just way too many repeating Apple news that could be merged or updated like you often do with other articles. It's the consistency, man![/citation]

News is only single-paged, and each individual topic is its own page. And we update news very frequently, and things scroll off the page fast, we cannot keep cramming iPad news into one long scrolling page. This is the way it works on every other news site out there.

And like others here have pointed out, it's very easy, don't like Apple news, don't click. It can't get any easier than that. We can't make you read anything you DON"T want to read.

/ Tuan

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]ravicai[/nom]Yes, but the negative comments about the iPad also have 20+ thumbs up.[/citation]

That doesn't account for very much. Comment traffic makes up less than 1% of 1% of total traffic. Yet, I am still trying to please that small group.

/ Tuan

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]Why am I not surprised that the link doesn't work.Tuan, April fool's day was 6 days ago.[/citation]

I guess FeedRinse is having a problem.

/ Tuan

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]elrusso[/nom]Apple News like "The new iPad" or "New version of iPhone" it's ok, but there are lots of news about the same product again and again. I don't want to stop hearing about Apple, just moderate the news about them. Thanks, salutes.[/citation]
You dont have to open the article :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS