Sign in with
Your question

Game Screen Capturing Software! Help please.

Last response: in Video Games
February 3, 2009 8:00:12 PM

I'm in need of a Screen capturing program that I can use to Well? capture my Game play!

Anyway I have Fraps and it is good but slows things down a lot,And the vids are super huge! like 1GB= 1 min at 30fps

So can anyone give me an idea of one?

That is free?

Thank you!
February 3, 2009 9:43:29 PM

mmmm old WoW guildie used to make some kickass vids in Sony vegas but idk if that captures or edits. Can try and dig out some old vids if you wanna see some quality.
February 3, 2009 10:19:26 PM

Thanks!

Yea what I'm trying to do is Capture some Game play from diff games.

Do you know how all the people at Youtube get there vids?
Related resources
February 4, 2009 6:58:13 AM

Yea i spoke to one of my old guildies, we had 3 guys making boss kill vids and they all used Fraps. If you Youtube "Alonsus Xanadu" then it'll throw up some of their older stuff....cant seem to get hold of the better ones though :/ 

The filesize is concerning, noway would Vimeo, Youtube, WarcraftMovies and all them take such big files. Maybe you have the program setup wrong?
Also i can say that you should have absolutly no slowdown on your rig unless you are trying to do really crazy stuff.

February 4, 2009 4:28:30 PM

no Actually "to tell the truth" it was me Friend,I'm not sure what CPU he has,But I set Fraps at 30fps and that's where it stays,But I was speaking for my friend,not that it makes any diff.

but yea fraps vids are like 1gb=1min so thats like high,and I see no way to change it?
February 4, 2009 4:48:03 PM

Zerk said:
no Actually "to tell the truth" it was me Friend,I'm not sure what CPU he has,But I set Fraps at 30fps and that's where it stays,But I was speaking for my friend,not that it makes any diff.

but yea fraps vids are like 1gb=1min so thats like high,and I see no way to change it?

I have a little expierience in this field so, I will step in and give some advise. Use FRAPS but, in the options screen for videos, set it to use half size or quality can't remember what it says but you will see the half something, it is the only option under the video tab that has the word half in it. Use FRAPS to make the movie after changing that setting and it will knowck the size down a little right off the bat. Then in turn use AVS video converter and make it a .mov file which is Quicktime. Use the apple tv option as it is the best quality. This will knock your videos down to say around 60mb and also look good on youtube..
Here is a video of mine I used this method with "p.s. Watch it in high quality"..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZiIcUASkso

Best way to do it IMO. Hope that is what you needed to know to make your life easier with regards to using youtube.
February 4, 2009 5:24:39 PM

You could also use fraps, andonce u have ur vid file then use the windows movie maker to change the format ration down to a more manageble size,

u could get ur vids dow to rougly 30-40mb if ur willing to lose some quality.

this has been very usefull in the past for MP4 players and phones that i have owned,
February 4, 2009 6:08:03 PM

Hmm Good ideas guy's! Vary good! I'll tell him, I'll try it to,I thought about a Converter but didn't really think about it enough I guess?

Thank you !
October 25, 2009 3:34:36 PM

I found a great alternative to Fraps! The project's name is Playclaw and it is available at http://www.playclaw.com
It does not slow down the game itself, I'm really impressed.
October 25, 2009 6:27:04 PM

maxic said:
I found a great alternative to Fraps! The project's name is Playclaw and it is available at http://www.playclaw.com

Thanks man!

I'll check it out!

October 26, 2009 8:18:07 AM

maxic said:

+1
Very good tool.
Anonymous
March 31, 2010 4:30:19 PM

For this purpose it is possible to use the program Screen VidShot.
!