video capture card? do i have one?

hi..im new to this converting video to dvd..im trying to find out if my pc is
equipped with a capture card or anything else i need to transfer video to
dvd..my pc is a MEDION 3200+, i cant seem to figure out if its equipped with
one...the manual says its optional but doesnt say on which models..its got a
tv/radio tuner. if thats any help..loads of diff types of connections..usb
2.0,firewire etc..also what type of connecting cable should i use? its says
in the manual to use either VIDEO INPUT COMPOSITE (Cinch) or
S-VIDEO????..im lost ..can anyone help
thanks
stu
--
thanks
stu8975

stu8975 wrote:
> hi..im new to this converting video to dvd..im trying to find out if my pc
> is
> equipped with a capture card or anything else i need to transfer video to
> dvd..my pc is a MEDION 3200+, i cant seem to figure out if its equipped
> with
> one...the manual says its optional but doesnt say on which models..its got
> tv/radio tuner. if thats any help..loads of diff types of connections..usb
> 2.0,firewire etc..also what type of connecting cable should i use? its
> says
> in the manual to use either VIDEO INPUT COMPOSITE (Cinch) or
> S-VIDEO????..im lost ..can anyone help

Do you have a video INPUT on the back of the box or just output?
It's almost as simple as that.
Look back there and see.

You would also need the software, etc.

www.dvdrhelp.com

--
<- Shenan ->
yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately responsible

pop

stu8975 wrote:
> hi..im new to this converting video to dvd..im trying to
> find out if my pc is equipped with a capture card or
> anything else i need to transfer video to dvd..my pc is a
> MEDION 3200+, i cant seem to figure out if its equipped
> with one...the manual says its optional but doesnt say on
> which models..
its got a tv/radio tuner. if thats any
> help..
==> Yes, that indicates you should be able to capture
video/audio from either an antenna or VCE or camera input. You
have to look for the documentation and help files to figure out
eexactly what it'll do.

loads of diff types of connections..usb
> 2.0,firewire etc..also what type of connecting cable
> should i use?
==> That varies; what does the tuner ask for? Is the tuner
internal or external?

its says in the manual to use either VIDEO
> INPUT COMPOSITE (Cinch) or S-VIDEO????
==> Those are video camera or VCE and some TV types of
connections. If you have them you have a capture card. Captures
are often done with Firewire, sometimes USB, and somewhere there
will likely be a place to connect a TV cable or VCR output, OR, a
cable converter.

...im lost ..can
> anyone help
> thanks
> stu
Way too many variables to just guess: You'll have to find your
documentation. If your card has a "TV Out" connector, you'll
also be able to output video to a VCR, TV, whatever.
It's kind of a steep learning curve for where you are now, so
until you learn more, don't get too far into it or you'll just
end up frustrated. You seem to have a tuner, but you don't seem
to know how to use it. So, dig into that docu!

Regards,

Pop