Laptop freeze when booting up in Windows XP page

When starting up my laptop it freezes on the window xp
blue page and just sits there. I've tried pushing f8 and
starting in safe mode but it still freezes in the same
place what can I do to try and boot the system?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Ursula
3 answers Last reply
More about laptop freeze booting windows page

    Ursula wrote:
    > When starting up my laptop it freezes on the window xp
    > blue page and just sits there. I've tried pushing f8 and
    > starting in safe mode but it still freezes in the same
    > place what can I do to try and boot the system?

    Instead of Safe Mode, have you tried the Last Known Good Configuration?

    All else fails, repair installation may be your only hope.

    --
    <- Shenan ->
    yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately responsible

    Yes I have tried the last know configuration and it still
    freezes on the same page. This is a laptop that was
    given to me a month ago and I don't have much saved on
    the hard drive but there are 3 files I really need and I
    don't have them backed up and I don't want to lose them.
    If I do a repair will I lose them and how do I do a
    repair.

    Kind Regards
    Ursula

    Ursula wrote:
    > Yes I have tried the last know configuration and it still
    > freezes on the same page. This is a laptop that was
    > given to me a month ago and I don't have much saved on
    > the hard drive but there are 3 files I really need and I
    > don't have them backed up and I don't want to lose them.
    > If I do a repair will I lose them and how do I do a
    > repair.

    Shouldn't lose them.. HOWEVER...
    May want to get something like the UltimateBoot CD (
    http://ubcd.sourceforge.net/ ) to try and get those three files off.

    How to perform a repair installation:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/tips/dougknox/doug92.asp
    or
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm
    or
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341

    --
    <- Shenan ->
    yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately responsible
    for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are getting into before
    you jump in with both feet.

Laptops Microsoft Windows XP