Taskbar icons not showing up at reboot

Just put xp-pro (sp1) in a friends computer (Gateway 1.2 gig AMD Athlon
256MB RAM) and only a random amount of icons show up in the task tray when I
reboot (sometimes none at all). The programs are running (checked the task
manager) the icons just don't show up.

I can fix it by starting up using the 'classic logon' and waiting about 10
seconds after I see the password window (for the computer to catch up?) then
canceling the password window. If I use the 'welcome screen' logon method,
the computer seems to to boot-up to fast to put them in the tray (I think).

Anyone know how to fix this problem so I can boot-up without having to use
the 'classic logon' and waiting?
1 answer Last reply
More about taskbar icons showing reboot

    Hi,

    Check settings/taskbar and start menu, uncheck the option to hide inactive
    icons.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Mark" <mark2052@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Just put xp-pro (sp1) in a friends computer (Gateway 1.2 gig AMD Athlon
    > 256MB RAM) and only a random amount of icons show up in the task tray when
    > reboot (sometimes none at all). The programs are running (checked the task
    > manager) the icons just don't show up.
    >
    > I can fix it by starting up using the 'classic logon' and waiting about 10
    > seconds after I see the password window (for the computer to catch up?)
    > then
    > canceling the password window. If I use the 'welcome screen' logon method,
    > the computer seems to to boot-up to fast to put them in the tray (I
    > think).
    >
    > Anyone know how to fix this problem so I can boot-up without having to use
    > the 'classic logon' and waiting?

Computers Icons Windows XP