Need help Deciding a PC game

Levi182

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
Hey guys

Allright so i have 60$ to spend im interested in The stalker game series (how is it?) and i might get the sims 3 but idk i got bored with the sims 2. i was going to get empire total war but after replaying Medieval 2 Total War i realized that i hate micro managing ( i only ever really played it for some cool instant action battles (Artillery Vs. Peasants anyone?)

So im looking for some good PC game suggestions. I already have Garrys Mod Call of duty 4, Orange Box, Sims 2, Rome Total War, Battlefield 2, 2142, the 60$ is GameStop Gift Card money so it has to be from GameStop.

Oh i have Crysis too it's AWESOME i can run it 30-40fps Strong

So i guess im also interested in Crysis warhead, is the Securom that bad?

My Rig:
e7400
HD 4850
4GB of Ram
500w PSU
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
I haven't had a problem with Warhead's securom plus they recently released a revoke tool to get activations back. Its more action focused then crysis and I enjoyed it, bit short though.

mi1ez

Splendid
Have you tried Left 4 Dead? Great game! I also note you've not listed CS:S, might be worth a look (although not sure you'll find it in gamestop...)

Sims3 has been pushed back due to layoffs and seems completely different to the rest of your gaming!

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
leeeeeeeeeft 4 deaaaaaaaad!
Or Stalker SOC is class (when patched), not played the sequel yet.
Another good title is Fallout 3, you will be able to run all of them reasonably well...Fallout might be a tad dicey though, my 4850 occasionally struggles when out in open space.

miniruss3

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
I have Fallout 3 and it is awesome. Graphics are great if you can run it on ultra!! I am only 10 hours into the game and there is tons left to do. I would definately reccommend to anyone who loves a great F.P.S

bigal18

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Crysis warhead run much more smoothly than crysis, except for when you move twist, turn, and see those flying objects, flying all over you, especially when you try to shoot them, so it is very smooth except for when there is extreme movement. I had to bring it down from enthusiast to gamer, but crysis(the first one) is very choppy unless I put it on high, and medium or even low when there is alot of movement. I don't know why though it is really strange. Would this have to do with anything if I have a ati radeon video card?

bigal18

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
I really like crysis warhead much more than crysis, just try to find it at circuit city if you can, found it a while ago when they where only close some of their stores, got it for $20 plus 30% off=$14 plus tax.I know that you have a video card only for game stop, but I would recommend circuit city since there is 40% off computer games, got surprised when I got hell gate london, it said $29.99 on the game but 40% off which should be about $18,I got it for $8.98 plus tax at the counter how great is that. But remember all sales are final.

bigal18

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Crysis Warhead I would definitely recommend, It has more action than the first one but it is also much easier to play than the first.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
LEFT 4 DAED $25 ON STEAM!!! I see you only have the money for Gamespot, I wouldn't suggest Stalker honestly, Fallout 3 was a MUCH BETTER FPSRPG than Stalker will ever be...

and STALKER:SOC does not in any way look as good as FALLOUT 3, and doesn't run even as close... i have a e4500 @ 3.0ghz, and a 4850 OC'd to 685/1045, im maxxed in everything except AA and AF, but those don't really matter to me... I run @ 1680x1050, never drop below 40fps, avg about 52 i would say [just from eyeballin it]

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007

It may "look" or "run" better, but one thing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has that Fallout3 doesn't is, Accuracy. I don't like luck or random based shooting or one that is artificially hindered because I'm just beginning the game, and therefore I have avoided the "awesomeness" that is supposedly Fallout 3.

Ive played Hellgate which has a "skill level" based accuracy system, and while it made it more enjoyable having guns as well instead of just swords and magic etc, I was testing the game, got it for free since I needed it to test it, I would not have bought it due to the aforementioned Accuracy issues.

MegapowersXXL

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
I got Crysis Warhead after Crysis and it's more concentrated and scripted. I had a problem with Securerom but was able to find a download from EA that circuvented the problem and installed a new .exe file to launch the game and it worked perfectly. Plus, the game costs between $25-30 so you have money left to buy something else. Another great game that is going for around $20.00 now is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, game of the year edition. It's an RPG and it's a few years old but I got it mid last year and spent over 200 hours playing it like an addict.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Left 4 Dead is fantastic.

Between Stalker and Fallout 3, that is a tough choice. I loved both games, some same reasons, some very different. I will say Stalker gets the "atmosphere" award from me, something that sure can put you in the game.

Still, if you play online then Left 4 Dead is kind in my book atm.

tallguy1618

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
Fallout 3 is amazing, I would recommend that over anything if you already like shooter/RPG games. Oblivion I liked better overall I think, but you really can't go wrong with either. I also reccomend Company of Heroes to everyone, but that might not be your thing. With the 60 dollars, you could get COH, COH: OP, and Oblivion O'm pretty sure. That's the best RPG ever plus best RTS ever.

I like Guild Wars. There's no monthly subscription. I would recommend the Prophecies campaign, as I think the skills are better. Definitely get the platinim edition that includes the Eye of the North expansion, so you'll be able to get heroes; or also get the Nightfall campaign, which also includes heroes. Heroes are vastly superior to henchmen; you pick their skills, secondary profession, and weapon, and can control their movement.