Have no post, display on SINXP w/ Corsair 2700LL?!

kc252

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2002
Anyone have the same issues with compatability with the Gigabyte SINXP1394 and Corsair twin xms 256mb 2700 Low latency modules? Or any 2700 modules. I have heard bad things about 3200 sticks, but corsair recommend this memory for the board.

I have done everything I can and I get no post or any display. I do get fans and even a fan on the video card, and the ram led is on. I have taken everything out and only tried to run video cpu ram, or video cpu ram hard drive, or everything. I have taken out the bios battery to reset bios. I have remounted the board so there are no grounds.

I get no beeps at all, but the hard drive light flashes and the Cd drive will try to access every 3 or 4 seconds. Is it possibly the memory, or does that sound like a bad board problem.

Please help me, I have been bragging to all my friends about this computer. . .

•kc252•

stable

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
1) Clear your CMOS Values by shorting the circuit on the Motherboard.
2) Reseat the Video Card (Remove and re-insert)
3) Boot and hit the DEL key Right after turning on the power to enter BIOS.
4) Click the option for "Performance Defaults"
5) Reboot onto Installation Boot CD or Bootable Floppy disk to perform your installation.

Steph Benoit

Stable Technologies
'The way IT should be!'

kc252

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2002
What circuit is this that I should be shorting? where do i find it? Is that the same thing as removing the circular battery for 30 seconds to clear the settings. I did that already, i think I just have a bad board. I'm rma'ing it to newegg along with my memory just to be safe. hope it will work this time or i will have a about 1500 in paperweights.

•kc252•

AfroGeek1

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Listen dude!!! I have the same board and I had the same problem. There are no short cl bios pins on this board. Remove the battery to clean the cmos. It works and seems to be the only thing to work! I'm not impressed with this dual bios thing at all.

kc252

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2002
I did take the battery out for about 2 minutes when the power supply was unplugged from the wall. still nothing. i think i got a bad board and if not i will just have to try more things after my new one arrives.

•kc252•

AfroGeek1

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Is your board inside the case? If it is remove it and all other connecting items with the exception of ram, video and cpu. Make sure your PS to you CPU is connected. Only have one DDR module installed. Have you ever got your MB to make a beep?

Here's another test. remove everything but the cpu from your board. This includes rama nd video. turn it on. Did you get a beeping sound? what's the LoDown on your System(what are your components)?

robo38

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2003
i had the same problem, i did what you did, so for some reason i tried taking the 2 power leads from power supply off the motherboard and then remove the battery and it worked. good luck

HN001

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002
I have the same problem, my MB is 8SQ800 with one stick of DDR400 Corsair CAS2.5, and Shapphire Ati Radeon 9500 128MB pro. I did what you said but still no beep or anything.
What else you can think of? please help
Thanks a lot

HN001

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by HN001 on 04/01/03 06:18 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

kc252

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2002
I have tried removing the board from the case. I tried running without ram and with out video and get no beeps at all. just whirring fans and a few led's. I tried running it with no power lead to the 9700 pro and it should beep to warn me that there is no power to the card but it didn't so I am pretty convinced that the board it self was shot. I tried resetting through the battery method and nothing. I think that would really only work if I had it working and then messed up some settings. I never had it working. No beeps no nothing. . ever. I tried only one dimm and nothing tried with both, tried with the other one alone. nothing. I have already rma'ed the board and the ram back to newegg. i only had 1 more day to send back ram if it was shot so i decided might as well send back ram too just in case that was the problem. If I get it all back and i try it again and it doesn't work again, what do you suggest? I thought I would send my ram back and get a refund for some different ram. We will see what happens after that. If it still didn't work I don't know what I would do. lol.

the full specs of the system would be as follows . .

Gigabyte 8SQ800 Ultra 2
Intel Pentium 4 - 2.4GHz 533MHz
Corsair XMS Twin PC2700 256MB DDR 333MHz w/Heat Spreader
Western Digital 'Special Edition' 80GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache
HP CD-RW 9300i Plus
Generic Floppy Drive
ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700 Pro
Audigy 2 Platinum Edition
Creative Labs Inspire Series 6.1 6600
Keyboard-2000 Black PS/2Keyboard with 19 Hotkeys
Keyboard-2000 Black Scroll Mouse
Windows 2000 Professional Edition
U.S. Robotics 56k v.92 Internal FaxModem PCI
Nokia 445Xpro Monitor
Lian-Li PC-60 USB Case
Thermal Take Silent PurePower 420W

We will see what happens next.

•kc252•

AfroGeek1

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
You did the right thing sending the ram and the motherboard back. did you send the CPU back too? If not , consider it if it's warranty time limit is coming up. I would start fresh. Question...Not sure if I asked you this. When you removed the battery, did you have the motherboard disconnected from the power supply? If you have it connected resetting it may not work. I have to admit. The Gigabyte recovery skills are not too great.

Corsair ram should be just fine. I paid alot less and picked up some OCZ ram. It seems to be working fine in dual mode. By theory, you should be able to get a lower cas rating that I do to the quality of ram you have and the fact that you DDr is a so called matched pair.

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
On gigabyte boards there is a keyboard reset you can use that will get you out of many of these "won't go" situations. Depending upon the bios the trick is either:

1) Turn off the power supply at the back...

2) One of (and you may have to try all 3)

A) Hold down the END key in the center of the keyboard
B) Hold down the INSERT key on the keypad
C) Hold down the ESC key.

3) While still holding the key, turn power back on.

This bypasses several steps in the POST and should take you into the bios with "safest mode" settings in place.

--->It ain't better if it don't work<---