I just update the Call of Duty World at War to patch v1.2 and suddenly the game does not have sound. The sound settings in the game appear to be on. What happened how I can fix this? I have vista64bit and on board sound card realtek high definition audio.
I found out that others too have the same problem with patch v1.2
Call of Duty: World at War PC Patch 1.2
* Free Multiplayer Map! The tide is out and the sun is high – this daytime version of Makin sheds new light on the battle!
* Fixed exploits that allowed for power ranking servers.
* Fixed router related server authentication errors.
* Fixed HTTP Redirect functionality for downloading mods
* Fixed sound device crashes stemming from Emulated Sound Devices
* Fixed exploit which allowed players to color their name tag.
* Hits now register properly while targeted player is leaning.
* Enabled /cg_drawfps in multiplayer games.
* Fixed command-line +connect functionality
* /cg_fov no longer resets to the default value in between matches.
* Dedicated servers automatically reconnect to the Master Server in case the Master Server resets.
* "Accept Game Invite" is bound to its default key, F10.
* Implemented fix for attempting to join password protected servers from the server browser.
* Fine tuned Bolt-Action Rifles for balance.
* Screenshots no longer overwrite each other.
* Fixed various multiplayer map related issues and exploits.
The patch fix (Fixed sound device crashes stemming from Emulated Sound Devices) but instead of fixing this cause problems with the sound.