Yahoo Tool Bar

edg

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

I have installed the Yahoo tool bar in IE and Netscape browsers. When I
edited the tool bar to reflect my preferences and refreshed it . . . it
continues to return to the original configuration (Football and Dating
Service). I followed the instructions for editing and saving and refreshing
(click on the pencil and click on refresh). I've rebooted and tried again,
same problem. What am I missing? What's the secret?
I would appreciate suggestions, even if it's only to say "Forget it, it's a
waste of time!"
Thanks
EdG

pop

EdG wrote:
> I have installed the Yahoo tool bar in IE and Netscape
> browsers.
> When I edited the tool bar to reflect my preferences and
> refreshed it
> . . . it continues to return to the original configuration
> (Football
> and Dating Service). I followed the instructions for editing
> and
> saving and refreshing (click on the pencil and click on
> refresh).
> I've rebooted and tried again, same problem. What am I missing?
> What's the secret?
> I would appreciate suggestions, even if it's only to say
> "Forget it,
> it's a waste of time!"
> Thanks
> EdG

Well, for one things that's a Yahoo question, not an XP matter.
This is an XP group.

Pop

Edg, you are quite right. I've just changed my toolbar, saved the
alterations, closed IE and then re-opened it and my old toolbars are back
again. But, as Pop, says the problem is yahoo related and not xp so it might
be worth checking with yahoo to see if there is a specific problem.
Personally i have been toying with both MSN toolbar and Yahoo and i'm not
impressed with either. The pop up blocker was the main reason for installing
them, but both Yahoo and MSN let through the same pop ups from the same site
which, basically, defeats the object.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"Pop" <nobody@devnull.spamcop.net> wrote in message
> EdG wrote:
>> I have installed the Yahoo tool bar in IE and Netscape browsers.
>> When I edited the tool bar to reflect my preferences and refreshed it
>> . . . it continues to return to the original configuration (Football
>> and Dating Service). I followed the instructions for editing and
>> saving and refreshing (click on the pencil and click on refresh).
>> I've rebooted and tried again, same problem. What am I missing?
>> What's the secret?
>> I would appreciate suggestions, even if it's only to say "Forget it,
>> it's a waste of time!"
>> Thanks
>> EdG
>
> Well, for one things that's a Yahoo question, not an XP matter. This is an
> XP group.
>
> Pop

edg

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

Pop
You are *absolutely* correct. This is an XP group. My *humble apologies*.
In the future I will refrain from any non-XP questions. We 'newbies' are an
ignorant lot, are we not? I wish I was born an XP 'expert', to know
*everything* from the beginning of time must be an *awesome* responsibility!
John, thank you for ignoring my ignorance. I lost sight of the XP focus and
let my anger take control. Hence, I 'blurted out' that Yahoo question. I
too, wanted the popup benefits. I will buy a commercial popup blocker. I'd
better get off this subject before I get chastized again. Thanks for your
input.
EdG

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> Edg, you are quite right. I've just changed my toolbar, saved the
> alterations, closed IE and then re-opened it and my old toolbars are back
> again. But, as Pop, says the problem is yahoo related and not xp so it might
> be worth checking with yahoo to see if there is a specific problem.
> Personally i have been toying with both MSN toolbar and Yahoo and i'm not
> impressed with either. The pop up blocker was the main reason for installing
> them, but both Yahoo and MSN let through the same pop ups from the same site
> which, basically, defeats the object.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/index.htm
>
> "Pop" <nobody@devnull.spamcop.net> wrote in message
> > EdG wrote:
> >> I have installed the Yahoo tool bar in IE and Netscape browsers.
> >> When I edited the tool bar to reflect my preferences and refreshed it
> >> . . . it continues to return to the original configuration (Football
> >> and Dating Service). I followed the instructions for editing and
> >> saving and refreshing (click on the pencil and click on refresh).
> >> I've rebooted and tried again, same problem. What am I missing?
> >> What's the secret?
> >> I would appreciate suggestions, even if it's only to say "Forget it,
> >> it's a waste of time!"
> >> Thanks
> >> EdG
> >
> > Well, for one things that's a Yahoo question, not an XP matter. This is an
> > XP group.
> >
> > Pop

edg

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

Thanks for your input, I will try Google first. The wonderful thing about
being a 'newbie' is that I am learning *a lot* of new things in a short time.
Also, there's quite a few pleasant people who are willing to help educate us
airheads. Thanks again for the tips and for helping.

"Its only me" wrote:

> Try the Google toolbar, it works just fine for me. Also, Zone Alarm Pro has the ability to let you block popups and advertising on selective pages/sites or to block them completely.
>

> "EdG" <edmed_3599@yahoo.com.NO_SPAM> wrote in message news:3CF98B32-7C10-411D-BCD2-5E3B2634B5AA@microsoft.com...
> > Pop
> > You are *absolutely* correct. This is an XP group. My *humble apologies*.
> > In the future I will refrain from any non-XP questions. We 'newbies' are an
> > ignorant lot, are we not? I wish I was born an XP 'expert', to know
> > *everything* from the beginning of time must be an *awesome* responsibility!
> > John, thank you for ignoring my ignorance. I lost sight of the XP focus and
> > let my anger take control. Hence, I 'blurted out' that Yahoo question. I
> > too, wanted the popup benefits. I will buy a commercial popup blocker. I'd
> > better get off this subject before I get chastized again. Thanks for your
> > input.
> > EdG
> >
> > "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > Edg, you are quite right. I've just changed my toolbar, saved the
> > > alterations, closed IE and then re-opened it and my old toolbars are back
> > > again. But, as Pop, says the problem is yahoo related and not xp so it might
> > > be worth checking with yahoo to see if there is a specific problem.
> > > Personally i have been toying with both MSN toolbar and Yahoo and i'm not
> > > impressed with either. The pop up blocker was the main reason for installing
> > > them, but both Yahoo and MSN let through the same pop ups from the same site
> > > which, basically, defeats the object.
> > >
> > > --
> > > John Barnett MVP
> > > Associate Expert
> > > http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/index.htm
> > >
> > > "Pop" <nobody@devnull.spamcop.net> wrote in message

EdG even 'experts' were newbies at one time. Just take a deep breath and let
any bad comment rise above you. If i took notice of ever bad thing people
say about me on the newsgroups i'd be a nervous wreck!