Copying toDVD drive

January 30, 2005 8:51:02 PM

When I try to save files to a DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW I go thru these steps:
1. Select files from the C: drive
2. Copy to drive D:
3. All files show up as "Files ready to be written to CD"
4. Click on "Write thes files to CD"
5. Get message "Windows is currently using CD. Please wait before starting
the CD Writing Wizard"
I have right clicked on drive D:, went to Properties/Recording and checked
the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box

More about : copying todvd drive

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 11:31:13 PM

Corky wrote:
> When I try to save files to a DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW I go thru these
> steps:
> 1. Select files from the C: drive
> 2. Copy to drive D:
> 3. All files show up as "Files ready to be written to CD"
> 4. Click on "Write thes files to CD"
> 5. Get message "Windows is currently using CD. Please wait before
> starting the CD Writing Wizard"
> I have right clicked on drive D:, went to Properties/Recording and
> checked the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box

You may need to use a third party utility. Not all drives are 100%
supported by Windows Built in writing.

--
<- Shenan ->
January 30, 2005 11:31:14 PM

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Corky wrote:
> > When I try to save files to a DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW I go thru these
> > steps:
> > 1. Select files from the C: drive
> > 2. Copy to drive D:
> > 3. All files show up as "Files ready to be written to CD"
> > 4. Click on "Write thes files to CD"
> > 5. Get message "Windows is currently using CD. Please wait before
> > starting the CD Writing Wizard"
> > I have right clicked on drive D:, went to Properties/Recording and
> > checked the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box
>
> You may need to use a third party utility. Not all drives are 100%
> supported by Windows Built in writing.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

Thanks for the advice. I hate to think about spending more money on 3rd
party software after spending over $1000 on a new computer with a different
OS. You would think that things would work flawlessly. I guess I am kind of
naive.>

Related resources
January 30, 2005 11:35:08 PM

XP does not support DVD burning without you buying other software; Nero or
Roxio or ?

Besides, why would you think Windows would support burning DVDs, it's the
operating system only and most systems do not come with DVD burners.

"Corky" <Corky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> Corky wrote:
>> > When I try to save files to a DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW I go thru these
>> > steps:
>> > 1. Select files from the C: drive
>> > 2. Copy to drive D:
>> > 3. All files show up as "Files ready to be written to CD"
>> > 4. Click on "Write thes files to CD"
>> > 5. Get message "Windows is currently using CD. Please wait before
>> > starting the CD Writing Wizard"
>> > I have right clicked on drive D:, went to Properties/Recording and
>> > checked the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box
>>
>> You may need to use a third party utility. Not all drives are 100%
>> supported by Windows Built in writing.
>>
>> --
>> <- Shenan ->
>> --
>> The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
>> yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
>> responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
>> getting into before you jump in with both feet.
>
> Thanks for the advice. I hate to think about spending more money on 3rd
> party software after spending over $1000 on a new computer with a
> different
> OS. You would think that things would work flawlessly. I guess I am kind
> of
> naive.>

January 31, 2005 1:31:01 AM

"Corky" wrote:

> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
> > Corky wrote:
> > > When I try to save files to a DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW I go thru these
> > > steps:
> > > 1. Select files from the C: drive
> > > 2. Copy to drive D:
> > > 3. All files show up as "Files ready to be written to CD"
> > > 4. Click on "Write thes files to CD"
> > > 5. Get message "Windows is currently using CD. Please wait before
> > > starting the CD Writing Wizard"
> > > I have right clicked on drive D:, went to Properties/Recording and
> > > checked the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box
> >
> > You may need to use a third party utility. Not all drives are 100%
> > supported by Windows Built in writing.
> >
> > --
> > <- Shenan ->
> > --
> > The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
> > yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
> > responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
> > getting into before you jump in with both feet.
>
> Thanks for the advice. I hate to think about spending more money on 3rd
> party software after spending over $1000 on a new computer with a different
> OS. You would think that things would work flawlessly. I guess I am kind of
> naive.>

I've never used this free program in fact I just seen it in another
post,but if you need a third party program and really don't want to spend
cash on it then it might be worth looking at?
http://deepburner.com/
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 4:20:03 AM

Corky wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. I hate to think about spending more money on
> 3rd party software after spending over $1000 on a new computer with a
> different OS. You would think that things would work flawlessly. I
> guess I am kind of naive.>

No one asked you to spend more money. Most things you do on your computer
after purchasing require money ONLY if you have a specific need for specific
software.

For example, your CD/DVD burning situation:

ISORecorder home page (with general instructions on use):
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

XP Pre-SP2 version:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/IsoRecorder/download...
XP Post-SP2 beta version:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/download/ISORecorder...

More full function applications (free) for CD/DVD burning would be:

DeepBurner Free
http://www.deepburner.com/

CDBurnerXP Pro
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Another Option would be to search the web with Pricewatch.com or
Dealsites.net and find deals like these:

Roxio Easy CD 7.0 Basic-DVD Edition for $6.99 each
http://www.softwareandstuff.com/SWW12310.html

Ahead Nero 6.6 for the price of shipping..
http://www.isellsurplus.com/product.asp?id=9067&c=30&s=...

That covers your CD/DVD burning needs.. Paying for AntiVirus I suspect..
Why?

AVG Anti-Virus System (Free and up)
http://www.grisoft.com/

AntiVir (Free and up)
http://www.free-av.com/

avast! (Free and up)

Trend Micro (Free Online Scanner:)
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.as...)

RAV AntiVirus Online Virus Scan (Free!)
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

What about AntiSpyware?

Lavasoft AdAware (Free and up)
(How-to: http://snipurl.com/atdn )

Spybot Search and Destroy (Free!)
http://www.safer-networking.net/en/download/index.html
(How-to: http://snipurl.com/atdk )

Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner (Free!)
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/
(How-to: http://snipurl.com/ate3 )

SpywareBlaster (Free!)
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html
(How-to: http://snipurl.com/ate6 )

IE-SPYAD (Free!)
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/resource.htm
(How-to: http://snipurl.com/ate7 )

CWShredder (Free!)
http://www.softbasket.com/download/s_8114.shtml

Hijack This! (Free)
http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
( Tutorial: http://hjt.wizardsofwebsites.com/ )

ToolbarCop (Free!)
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm

Browser Security Tests
http://www.jasons-toolbox.com/BrowserSecurity/

Popup Tester
http://www.popuptest.com/

And there is always the Microsoft AntiSpyware BETA
(Only install if you are sure you want TEST software on your PC.)
http://snipurl.com/btif

And AntiSPAM:

SpamBayes (Free!)
http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/

Spamihilator (Free!)
http://www.spamihilator.com/

Alternative to Internet Explorer browser:

Mozilla Firefox

Always check these sites when pricing ANY PRODUCT before buying it. A few
minutes on the Internet can literally save you hundreds. $1000 for a
computer system.. I suspect it is a quite nice system, great video card,
nice extras.

For Pricing/Opinions/Reviews on various products:
- http://www.epinions.com/
- http://www.dealsites.net/
- http://www.pricewatch.com/
- http://www.techbargains.com/
- http://www.edealinfo.com/
- http://www.fatwallet.com/
- http://www.couponfinders.com/

Anyway - good luck to you!

--
<- Shenan ->
yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately responsible
for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are getting into before
you jump in with both feet.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 9:17:03 AM

Thank you for taking the time to reply with all of the different options
available. I will definitely do some research.

!