Copying toDVD drive

When I try to save files to a DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW I go thru these steps:
1. Select files from the C: drive
2. Copy to drive D:
3. All files show up as "Files ready to be written to CD"
4. Click on "Write thes files to CD"
5. Get message "Windows is currently using CD. Please wait before starting
the CD Writing Wizard"
I have right clicked on drive D:, went to Properties/Recording and checked
the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box
6 answers Last reply
More about copying todvd drive

    Corky wrote:
    > When I try to save files to a DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW I go thru these
    > steps:
    > 1. Select files from the C: drive
    > 2. Copy to drive D:
    > 3. All files show up as "Files ready to be written to CD"
    > 4. Click on "Write thes files to CD"
    > 5. Get message "Windows is currently using CD. Please wait before
    > starting the CD Writing Wizard"
    > I have right clicked on drive D:, went to Properties/Recording and
    > checked the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box

    You may need to use a third party utility. Not all drives are 100%
    supported by Windows Built in writing.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > Corky wrote:
    > > When I try to save files to a DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW I go thru these
    > > steps:
    > > 1. Select files from the C: drive
    > > 2. Copy to drive D:
    > > 3. All files show up as "Files ready to be written to CD"
    > > 4. Click on "Write thes files to CD"
    > > 5. Get message "Windows is currently using CD. Please wait before
    > > starting the CD Writing Wizard"
    > > I have right clicked on drive D:, went to Properties/Recording and
    > > checked the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box
    >
    > You may need to use a third party utility. Not all drives are 100%
    > supported by Windows Built in writing.
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->

    Thanks for the advice. I hate to think about spending more money on 3rd
    party software after spending over $1000 on a new computer with a different
    OS. You would think that things would work flawlessly. I guess I am kind of
    naive.>

    XP does not support DVD burning without you buying other software; Nero or
    Roxio or ?

    Besides, why would you think Windows would support burning DVDs, it's the
    operating system only and most systems do not come with DVD burners.

    "Corky" wrote:

    > "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
    >
    > > Corky wrote:
    > > > When I try to save files to a DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW I go thru these
    > > > steps:
    > > > 1. Select files from the C: drive
    > > > 2. Copy to drive D:
    > > > 3. All files show up as "Files ready to be written to CD"
    > > > 4. Click on "Write thes files to CD"
    > > > 5. Get message "Windows is currently using CD. Please wait before
    > > > starting the CD Writing Wizard"
    > > > I have right clicked on drive D:, went to Properties/Recording and
    > > > checked the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box
    > >
    > > You may need to use a third party utility. Not all drives are 100%
    > > supported by Windows Built in writing.
    > >
    > > --
    > > <- Shenan ->
    > > --
    > > The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
    > > yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
    > > responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
    > > getting into before you jump in with both feet.
    >
    > Thanks for the advice. I hate to think about spending more money on 3rd
    > party software after spending over $1000 on a new computer with a different
    > OS. You would think that things would work flawlessly. I guess I am kind of
    > naive.>

    I've never used this free program in fact I just seen it in another
    post,but if you need a third party program and really don't want to spend
    cash on it then it might be worth looking at?
    http://deepburner.com/

    Corky wrote:
    > Thanks for the advice. I hate to think about spending more money on
    > 3rd party software after spending over $1000 on a new computer with a
    > different OS. You would think that things would work flawlessly. I
    > guess I am kind of naive.>

    No one asked you to spend more money. Most things you do on your computer
    after purchasing require money ONLY if you have a specific need for specific
    software.

    For example, your CD/DVD burning situation:

    ISORecorder home page (with general instructions on use):
    http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

    XP Pre-SP2 version:
    http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/IsoRecorder/download.asp
    XP Post-SP2 beta version:
    http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/download/ISORecorderV2B2.zip

    More full function applications (free) for CD/DVD burning would be:

    DeepBurner Free
    http://www.deepburner.com/

    CDBurnerXP Pro
    http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

    Another Option would be to search the web with Pricewatch.com or
    Dealsites.net and find deals like these:

    Roxio Easy CD 7.0 Basic-DVD Edition for $6.99 each
    http://www.softwareandstuff.com/SWW12310.html

    Ahead Nero 6.6 for the price of shipping..
    http://www.isellsurplus.com/product.asp?id=9067&c=30&s=161

    That covers your CD/DVD burning needs.. Paying for AntiVirus I suspect..
    Why?

    AVG Anti-Virus System (Free and up)
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    AntiVir (Free and up)
    http://www.free-av.com/

    avast! (Free and up)

    Trend Micro (Free Online Scanner:)
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp)

    RAV AntiVirus Online Virus Scan (Free!)
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

    What about AntiSpyware?

    Lavasoft AdAware (Free and up)
    (How-to: http://snipurl.com/atdn )

    Spybot Search and Destroy (Free!)
    http://www.safer-networking.net/en/download/index.html
    (How-to: http://snipurl.com/atdk )

    Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner (Free!)
    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/
    (How-to: http://snipurl.com/ate3 )

    SpywareBlaster (Free!)
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html
    (How-to: http://snipurl.com/ate6 )

    IE-SPYAD (Free!)
    https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/resource.htm
    (How-to: http://snipurl.com/ate7 )

    CWShredder (Free!)
    http://www.softbasket.com/download/s_8114.shtml

    Hijack This! (Free)
    http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    ( Tutorial: http://hjt.wizardsofwebsites.com/ )

    ToolbarCop (Free!)
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm

    Browser Security Tests
    http://www.jasons-toolbox.com/BrowserSecurity/

    Popup Tester
    http://www.popuptest.com/

    And there is always the Microsoft AntiSpyware BETA
    (Only install if you are sure you want TEST software on your PC.)
    http://snipurl.com/btif

    And AntiSPAM:

    SpamBayes (Free!)
    http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/

    Spamihilator (Free!)
    http://www.spamihilator.com/

    Alternative to Internet Explorer browser:

    Mozilla Firefox

    Always check these sites when pricing ANY PRODUCT before buying it. A few
    minutes on the Internet can literally save you hundreds. $1000 for a
    computer system.. I suspect it is a quite nice system, great video card,
    nice extras.

    For Pricing/Opinions/Reviews on various products:
    - http://www.epinions.com/
    - http://www.dealsites.net/
    - http://www.pricewatch.com/
    - http://www.techbargains.com/
    - http://www.edealinfo.com/
    - http://www.fatwallet.com/
    - http://www.couponfinders.com/

    Anyway - good luck to you!

    --
    <- Shenan ->
    yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately responsible
    for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are getting into before
    you jump in with both feet.

    Thank you for taking the time to reply with all of the different options
    available. I will definitely do some research.

CD-Rom Windows XP Product