unknown error message

i am getting the following message on some of the internet pages i visit.
"your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this
page. as a result, the page may not display correctly." i then click on ok,
the message disappears and i am able to view the page as if i had never
gotten the message. also, this only happens on some internet pages. I would
appreciate any help. van
--
van
1 answer Last reply

    Try opening internet options,then L.click on the icons shown one at a time,
    at each click,select default,then close-out.

    "van" wrote:

    > i am getting the following message on some of the internet pages i visit.
    > "your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this
    > page. as a result, the page may not display correctly." i then click on ok,
    > the message disappears and i am able to view the page as if i had never
    > gotten the message. also, this only happens on some internet pages. I would
    > appreciate any help. van
    > --
    > van

Error Message Internet Windows XP