Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cloud hosting and normal hosting

Last response: in Business Computing
January 7, 2013 3:36:39 PM

Hi to everyone and I am new to tomshardware forum. From last month I have started learning on web design and also hosting. I need more information about the difference pros and cons are there between cloud hosting and normal hosting. along with should I get some ideas about on web hosting prices and sizes….
January 14, 2013 7:13:26 PM

Hi!

A VPS which is dynamic (that is, it can be changed at runtime) is often referred to as a cloud server. Key attributes for this are:
Additional hardware resources can be added at runtime (CPU, RAM)
Server can be moved to other hardware while the server is running (automatically according to load in some cases)

AND:

A virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual machine provided by an Internet hosting service. Although a VPS runs in software on the same physical computer as other customers' virtual machines, it is in many respects functionally equivalent to a separate physical computer. A VPS is dedicated to the individual customer's needs, has the privacy of a separate physical computer, and can be configured to run server software.

If you search some good and reliable cloud hosting, I can recommend to you nice Swiss servers. Their support is 24/7.
!