Solved

Do I have to uninstall Microsoft ofice 2007 student and home trial version befor

I have just purchased a new laptop which has Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 trial version installed. I want to install a full version of the 2010 version . Do I have to uninstall the trial version first? I am a computer novice so could you tell me exactly which files I have to uninstall
Janet
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about uninstall microsoft ofice 2007 student home trial version befor
  1. You would be better off uninstalling the trial Office 2007. You don't need to unisntall any files manually, just go to the Control Panel, you will see a programs option to remove software. Look for the Office 2007 in there and uninstall it.
  2. Thanks for the advice. I have looked in Control panel and there appars to be 3 files relating to Office. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007, Microsoft Office Powerpoint Viewer 2007 (English), Microsoft Office Activation assistant. Do I uninstall all 3 files?
  3. Best answer
    Janet_67 said:
    Thanks for the advice. I have looked in Control panel and there appars to be 3 files relating to Office. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007, Microsoft Office Powerpoint Viewer 2007 (English), Microsoft Office Activation assistant. Do I uninstall all 3 files?

Yes, remove all three. Run a registry cleaner like CCleaner, then restart the system. After restart, install Office 2010. Good luck!
  4. COLGeek said:
    Yes, remove all three. Run a registry cleaner like CCleaner, then restart the system. After restart, install Office 2010. Good luck!

Thank you for the infoprmation. I followed your instructions and then successfully loaded the new version of Office
  5. Best answer selected by Janet_67.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Microsoft Windows 7