Do I have to uninstall Microsoft ofice 2007 student and home trial version befor

Janet_67

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
I have just purchased a new laptop which has Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 trial version installed. I want to install a full version of the 2010 version . Do I have to uninstall the trial version first? I am a computer novice so could you tell me exactly which files I have to uninstall
Janet

Solution

Yes, remove all three. Run a registry cleaner like CCleaner, then restart the system. After restart, install Office 2010. Good luck!

Janet_67

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Thanks for the advice. I have looked in Control panel and there appars to be 3 files relating to Office. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007, Microsoft Office Powerpoint Viewer 2007 (English), Microsoft Office Activation assistant. Do I uninstall all 3 files?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Yes, remove all three. Run a registry cleaner like CCleaner, then restart the system. After restart, install Office 2010. Good luck!

Solution

Janet_67

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010

Thank you for the infoprmation. I followed your instructions and then successfully loaded the new version of Office

TRENDING THREADS