Sign in with
Your question

Dual monitors and gaming

Last response: in Video Games
February 9, 2009 11:43:17 PM

I finally got my dual monitors setup, however I am having difficulty achieving the desired effect when gaming. I would like for the primary monitor to display my game while I am able to mouse over browse the internet, aim, etc on the secondary monitor. The problem being whenever I am running a game on the primary monitor I am unable to move over to the secondary monitor without minimizing or closing the game first, which sort of defeats the purpose. Anyone know how I might fix this?

And many thanks!

Specs are below, but I believe the only pertinent thing to know is my OS vista 64.

Intel Q9550 2.8 OC @ 3.8
Heatsink: Tuniq Tower
EVGA 780i SLI FTW
Nvidia GTX 280 x2 SLI
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 (1066 native)
SILVERSTONE OP1000-E 1000W ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V
Windows Vista 64 bit

More about : dual monitors gaming

February 10, 2009 2:28:46 PM

I do not have dual monitors myself, but I have heard of people that do running their games in a window. That should allow you to mouse over to another monitor.
February 10, 2009 3:25:44 PM

windowed mode is the way to do it. Unfortunatly windowed mode makes the game less useable because its hard to scroll to the side where the other monitor is. I used to use 2 monitors. Now I am back to one really large monitor because it just isn't feasible for gaming to use 2 monitors and have the same experience. Windowed mode worked for me though and enjoy trying it out.
!