After format harddisk, couldn't turn the page to install XP

hi,
I have problem for installing xp. After the format for the hard disk, and
restart again, it shows boot from the cd rom and press enter, how ever, it go
back to the page, that ask for format the harddisk again.

What is the problem? can anyone help a new user?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about after format harddisk couldn turn page install

    Hi OP,

    After you have done the formatting for the partition, and the computer
    restarts, DO NOT "press any key to boot from CD", just let the computer
    continue the boot process........it will restart a few times during setup,
    so just let it boot "normally", don't have it boot from the CD.

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > I have problem for installing xp. After the format for the hard disk, and
    > restart again, it shows boot from the cd rom and press enter, how ever, it
    go
    > back to the page, that ask for format the harddisk again.
    >
    > What is the problem? can anyone help a new user?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Patti Macleod,

    Thanks for you help, I will go home and try it later today, thanks again

    OP

    "Patti MacLeod" wrote:

    > Hi OP,
    >
    > After you have done the formatting for the partition, and the computer
    > restarts, DO NOT "press any key to boot from CD", just let the computer
    > continue the boot process........it will restart a few times during setup,
    > so just let it boot "normally", don't have it boot from the CD.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > hi,
    > > I have problem for installing xp. After the format for the hard disk, and
    > > restart again, it shows boot from the cd rom and press enter, how ever, it
    > go
    > > back to the page, that ask for format the harddisk again.
    > >
    > > What is the problem? can anyone help a new user?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    You're very welcome :-)

    Let me know how you fare with the install once you've had it chance to give
    it a try.

    Regards,

    --

    > Hi Patti Macleod,
    >
    > Thanks for you help, I will go home and try it later today, thanks again
    >
    > OP
    >
    > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi OP,
    > >
    > > After you have done the formatting for the partition, and the computer
    > > restarts, DO NOT "press any key to boot from CD", just let the computer
    > > continue the boot process........it will restart a few times during
    setup,
    > > so just let it boot "normally", don't have it boot from the CD.
    > >

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Patti MacLeod
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > "OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > hi,
    > > > I have problem for installing xp. After the format for the hard disk,
    and
    > > > restart again, it shows boot from the cd rom and press enter, how
    ever, it
    > > go
    > > > back to the page, that ask for format the harddisk again.
    > > >
    > > > What is the problem? can anyone help a new user?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks

Format Hard Drives Windows XP