After format harddisk, couldn't turn the page to install XP

January 31, 2005 11:29:02 PM

hi,
I have problem for installing xp. After the format for the hard disk, and
restart again, it shows boot from the cd rom and press enter, how ever, it go
back to the page, that ask for format the harddisk again.

What is the problem? can anyone help a new user?

Thanks
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 2:43:12 AM

Hi OP,

After you have done the formatting for the partition, and the computer
restarts, DO NOT "press any key to boot from CD", just let the computer
continue the boot process........it will restart a few times during setup,
so just let it boot "normally", don't have it boot from the CD.

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> I have problem for installing xp. After the format for the hard disk, and
> restart again, it shows boot from the cd rom and press enter, how ever, it
go
> back to the page, that ask for format the harddisk again.
>
> What is the problem? can anyone help a new user?
>
> Thanks
February 1, 2005 10:39:02 PM

Hi Patti Macleod,

Thanks for you help, I will go home and try it later today, thanks again

OP

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> Hi OP,
>
> After you have done the formatting for the partition, and the computer
> restarts, DO NOT "press any key to boot from CD", just let the computer
> continue the boot process........it will restart a few times during setup,
> so just let it boot "normally", don't have it boot from the CD.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> > I have problem for installing xp. After the format for the hard disk, and
> > restart again, it shows boot from the cd rom and press enter, how ever, it
> go
> > back to the page, that ask for format the harddisk again.
> >
> > What is the problem? can anyone help a new user?
> >
> > Thanks

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 2:54:01 AM

You're very welcome :-)

Let me know how you fare with the install once you've had it chance to give
it a try.

Regards,

--

!