Can this REALLY be causing my new lag?

budazz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
ok just received my new hs-1200 wireless gaming headset
hooked it up and since then have been the victim of unplayable lag/choke and decrease of FPS in CS:S
my comp meets the headset requirments all though some just barely
can a headset actually cause my game lag?
if so any way to fix it?
maybe i just got unlucky and need a RMA?

ive looked all over and cant ge ta definative answer to any of these questions
maybe some one here can shed a little light? plz

budazz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
HP a522n
pentium 4 2.6ghz
1 gig ram
nvidia 6200a

and as far as i mean like lag is i will get about 70 FPS and zero choke for about 20 minutes and then my FPS will drop to below 20 and the choke will raise to about 20ish
did a complete format and the problem still exsist...but i changed the headset to my old one and it still happens so i concluded its not my headset....im read that having a dirty cpu fan etc could be causing overheat and dropping perfomance after time so im gonna check into that today

khadaver

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
i have the same issue with this... hs-1000 isnt what i have tho. i have the brother to it using the normal 3.5mm green and pink jacks, the fatal1ty gaming headset is the desc on it lol. i know it has something to do with taking cpu cycles. but heres my issues. i plug in my logitech inspire 5300(old i know) and absolutely silky. i shoot in a game... the person ACTUALLY DIES! then i plug in my headset because you would figure... EAX 5 emulation... hmmm... no. i shoot...........a sec and 1/2 later the bullet/weapon finally hits them and kills them. I MEAN WTF! I'm using a xonar dx 7.1 hi-fi soundcard and it sounds fantastic. but its like the headset turns off part of the soundcard. this is on both my integrated and my xonar. or it could just be windows saying "hey its only a 2-channel headset" doesnt matter what sound quality it is unless its changed ingame. but who wants to hear a 50 caliber desert eagle sound like a ray gun?! i mean really. 44khz all the way in cod4/black ops/bc2 yada yada. ive tried everything; disabling all drivers but the one im using and rebooting. ive tried updating drivers. ive tried just about everything. mind you. im not running a crappy system either. ive looked into IRQ problems... IRQ 28 says

IRQ 28 PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
IRQ 28 ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device

its sharing but im not sure if its supposed to be... and if it is and it is slowing my sound processing hence slowing the hole system down by cpu cycles how do i fix it?

ftr...
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 940 @ 2.93GHz, 2934 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB @ 1600mhz

another thing as far as it being something to do with irq conflicts/sharing... why wouldnt it do it with the 5.1? its the headset/OS/soundcard stream...

khadaver

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
also another note to the above message... when i start cod4 i hear a vista sound like ... do DOO! like something vista is doing as far as loading a driver that cod4 is utilizing.