Start -up problems

Running Windows XP, Internet Explorer 6 I am having problems with start-up.
There is a delay of three minutes before complete boot up. I have checked
for viruses-system clear. I would appreciate any advice on how to correct
this problem.

Thank you

Skipbs.

Download and run this software. You may not have a virus, but spyware. This
software will remove it.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html

In news:ctnm9v$jsm$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk,
Ian Barras-Smith <skip@barras-smith.freeserve.co.uk> typed:

> Running Windows XP, Internet Explorer 6 I am having problems
> with
> start-up. There is a delay of three minutes before complete
> boot up.
> I have checked for viruses-system clear. I would appreciate any
> advice on how to correct this problem.

How long it takes the computer to boot depends on several things,
most significantly what programs you have starting automatically.
There isn't necessarily any problem to connect.

My personal view is that the attention many people pay to how
long it takes to boot is unwarranted. Assuming that the speed is
otherwise satisfactory, it may not be worth worrying about. Most
people start their computers once a day or even less frequently.
In the overall scheme of things, even a few minutes to start up
isn't very important. Personally I power on my computer when I
get up in the morning, then go get my coffee. When I come back,
it's done booting. I don't know how long it took to boot and I
don't care.

Now if you also have other problems, then the slow startup may be
significant.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Do the "event" logs under "event manager" show anything that stands out?

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!