task manager unavailable

i have few problems
1) my task manager does not show when i hold down ctrl+alt+delet.... just
the icon stays at the taskbar
2)my browser does not seem to work. when i click on my explorer (homepage is
yahoo.com) something else pops up and asks me to download screensaver. if i
say no it keeps on poping up.
3) my pc is soo slow and freezes every few minutes... the only thing which
seems to work is my msn messenger... some1 help
i cant seem to save.
2 answers Last reply
More about task manager unavailable

    Hi,

    Spyware and adware will cause these symptoms, so will some viruses.

    1) Install, update, and run AdawareSE from www.lavasoft.de

    2) Install and run Spybot from www.safer-networking.org

    3) Install and run Spyware Blaster from

    4) Turn on the native firewall or install a third-party one (a third party
    firewall will notify you of outgoing traffic as spyware programs "phone
    home", the native one won't).

    http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
    http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?la=EN

    5) Also check these links for helpful advice on removing garbage:
    http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/parasite.htm

    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Shaakir" <Shaakir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i have few problems
    > 1) my task manager does not show when i hold down ctrl+alt+delet.... just
    > the icon stays at the taskbar
    > 2)my browser does not seem to work. when i click on my explorer (homepage
    > is
    > yahoo.com) something else pops up and asks me to download screensaver. if
    > say no it keeps on poping up.
    > 3) my pc is soo slow and freezes every few minutes... the only thing which
    > seems to work is my msn messenger... some1 help
    > i cant seem to save.

    Hi

    Please try these programs as well to check for any spyware that may be on
    your
    system:

    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

    Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    Also see the following links:

    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Shaakir" <Shaakir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i have few problems
    > 1) my task manager does not show when i hold down ctrl+alt+delet.... just
    > the icon stays at the taskbar
    > 2)my browser does not seem to work. when i click on my explorer (homepage
    > is
    > yahoo.com) something else pops up and asks me to download screensaver. if
    > say no it keeps on poping up.
    > 3) my pc is soo slow and freezes every few minutes... the only thing which
    > seems to work is my msn messenger... some1 help
    > i cant seem to save.

Task Manager Windows XP