task manager unavailable

February 1, 2005 6:11:04 AM

i have few problems
1) my task manager does not show when i hold down ctrl+alt+delet.... just
the icon stays at the taskbar
2)my browser does not seem to work. when i click on my explorer (homepage is
yahoo.com) something else pops up and asks me to download screensaver. if i
say no it keeps on poping up.
3) my pc is soo slow and freezes every few minutes... the only thing which
seems to work is my msn messenger... some1 help
i cant seem to save.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 9:20:30 AM

Hi,

Spyware and adware will cause these symptoms, so will some viruses.

1) Install, update, and run AdawareSE from www.lavasoft.de

2) Install and run Spybot from www.safer-networking.org

3) Install and run Spyware Blaster from

4) Turn on the native firewall or install a third-party one (a third party
firewall will notify you of outgoing traffic as spyware programs "phone
home", the native one won't).

http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?la=EN

5) Also check these links for helpful advice on removing garbage:
http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm
http://aumha.org/win5/a/parasite.htm

Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Shaakir" <Shaakir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have few problems
> 1) my task manager does not show when i hold down ctrl+alt+delet.... just
> the icon stays at the taskbar
> 2)my browser does not seem to work. when i click on my explorer (homepage
> is
> yahoo.com) something else pops up and asks me to download screensaver. if
> say no it keeps on poping up.
> 3) my pc is soo slow and freezes every few minutes... the only thing which
> seems to work is my msn messenger... some1 help
> i cant seem to save.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 2:22:36 PM

Hi

Please try these programs as well to check for any spyware that may be on
your
system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/