Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cant enter BIOS!!

Last response: in Windows 7
August 25, 2010 9:10:12 PM

hi. recently got win7. however, when i press the BIOS button on startup, it goes to advanced windows setting instead of BIOS. how can i enter bios?

thanks

More about : enter bios

a c 352 $ Windows 7
August 25, 2010 9:26:41 PM

The BIOS key is not part of Windows 7, it's set in your system. Look online for your computer model and it shold give you what key you can hit at boot up for the BIOS. Usually it's F1, F2, sometimes Del.
Score
August 25, 2010 10:03:23 PM

hang-the-9 said:
The BIOS key is not part of Windows 7, it's set in your system. Look online for your computer model and it shold give you what key you can hit at boot up for the BIOS. Usually it's F1, F2, sometimes Del.

my bios button is delete. when i had xp a week ago, it entered bios. Now that i upgraded to win 7, when i press del, it goes into windows advanced settings? im pressing the same button :cry: 
Score
Related resources
August 26, 2010 12:21:47 AM

Are you mashing the DEL button right from the moment you press the go button? lol you may just be missing the post.

Alternatively, In your POST screen press the PAUSE/BREAKE button on your keyboard and find where it says PRESS "x" TO ENTER BIOS...
Score
August 26, 2010 1:20:35 AM

im pressing the del button as soon as the keyboard turns on. which is a little bit after post screen
Score
a b $ Windows 7
August 26, 2010 1:33:18 AM

You should press the Del button as soon as the computer switches on (during the post screen) and keep on repeatedly pressing it until you get into the BIOS. This way you will be sure to hit the key at the right time.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
November 30, 2010 12:29:15 PM

If you can boot into windows:

* Close all open programs.
* Press the Windows key + R. The "Run" tab appears.
* Type msconfig and then click [OK].
* The System Configuration Utility appears, click on the tab. Select the Safe Boot . Make sure the box "Minimal" is checked and then click [OK].

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/malmental/f7Z0...

* Then you will be prompted to restart the computer. Click [Restart]. The computer restarts in Safe mode. **(This may take several minutes.)
* Perform troubleshooting in safe mode.
* When you've completed your troubleshooting in safe mode, repeat the early steps to uncheck the "Safe boot".
* Close all programs and restart the computer.
Score
January 8, 2012 5:04:07 PM

you people are not listening to the issue! I have the same issue as well.
"my bios button is delete. when i had xp a week ago, it entered bios. Now that i upgraded to win 7, when i press del, it goes into windows advanced settings? im pressing the same button :cry:  "
now if i wanted to get to safe mode i could do that in a jiffy. ITS THE BIOS WE CANNOT ENTER! windows 7 seems to have eliminated the possibility of ever entering the bios ever again. f1, f2, f8, f12, delete.... all take you to advanced windows boot options! all i want to do is boot off a linux usb stick, and write zeros to the drive and be done with this windows 7 junk... which I would do 10 seconds after entering the BIOS!

verbalizer said:
If you can boot into windows:

* Close all open programs.
* Press the Windows key + R. The "Run" tab appears.
* Type msconfig and then click [OK].
* The System Configuration Utility appears, click on the tab. Select the Safe Boot . Make sure the box "Minimal" is checked and then click [OK].

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/malmental/f7Z0...

* Then you will be prompted to restart the computer. Click [Restart]. The computer restarts in Safe mode. **(This may take several minutes.)
* Perform troubleshooting in safe mode.
* When you've completed your troubleshooting in safe mode, repeat the early steps to uncheck the "Safe boot".
* Close all programs and restart the computer.

Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 9, 2012 12:03:50 AM

Windows cannot afect the way the BIOS works, it is totaly isolated from anything that Windows7 can do to it. A program in windows can alter the BIOS settings but a simple clear CMOS memory should fix this.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
July 25, 2012 11:09:27 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!