Your question

Orange Box CD Key

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • CD-Rom
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
February 11, 2009 4:11:20 AM

If a CD key for The Orange for the PC has already been used, can someone else use it again?

More about : orange box key

February 11, 2009 7:44:57 AM

*shrug*

I think so theoretically, you just can't use both computers at the same time...
February 11, 2009 7:45:59 AM

I mean play the games obviously, not just use the computers...
Related resources
February 11, 2009 9:32:09 AM

Yea, not aware of any such copy protection tbh. Valve are pretty loose as they got the Steam platform.
If this is about buying or selling a 2nd hand copy it will be fine.
February 11, 2009 12:34:21 PM

Thank you so much! :D 
February 11, 2009 12:34:36 PM

Thank you so much! :D 
December 5, 2009 12:25:58 PM

steam will not let support used cdkeys.. I am having bad issue now with them cause bought game someone else already used cdkey now steam will not activate it on my account because it was already used even though i own the registration card and cd now.
December 8, 2009 5:08:05 PM

why would you call yourself "bewareofsteam" It's not their fault someone was sort of stupid enough to buy a USED PC GAME. Common sense dictates that this is a bad idea.
December 8, 2009 5:54:21 PM

No. You cannot use the key if it is already registered to an account. The only way round this is you provide steam with proof of original purchase, and not a used purchase.

akratos said:
It's not their fault someone was sort of stupid enough to buy a USED PC GAME.

Stupid enough to buy a used PC game?

Please elaborate.

This stupidity you talk of in reference to buying used games intrigues me. I'd love to hear more.
December 9, 2009 3:22:53 PM

It does make me laugh that the more stringent the games become in stopping piracy, the higher the prices seem to get. All those years of hearing that it was piracy which was keeping the prices high, and it seems more like the opposite was true.
December 9, 2009 3:28:36 PM

The CD key has to be transfered to your Steam Account.
If it is a physical copy you will need to take a picture of the CD key with your email address associated with your steam account. Fax them this picture and they should transfer the license. Check FAQ section for more info.

December 9, 2009 5:19:25 PM

jgiron said:
The CD key has to be transfered to your Steam Account.
If it is a physical copy you will need to take a picture of the CD key with your email address associated with your steam account. Fax them this picture and they should transfer the license. Check FAQ section for more info.

Incorrect. As I stated earlier, Steam will only let you use the key if you can prove you purchased the game new (and in the last 90 days)

From Steam site:
We do not accept receipts from online auction websites or used software vendors. If you do not provide a valid purchase receipt, Valve will not be able to transfer the CD Key.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=167...

!