Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Used Rocketfish Gaming 500 Continuous PSU $60

Last response: in Deals
January 21, 2011 10:07:14 PM

I bought this PSU about 6 months ago. Works great, not very loud, +80% certified.
It has a 140mm blue led fan for excellent cooling, 2 6+2pin pci-e cables for your graphics cards.

The only modification I did to it was I cut off 2 of the Sata power connectors on one of the cables. So now there's a total of 4 sata power connectors.
(3 on one, 1 on the other) I only did this because it was in a Micro-ATX build and I didn't want a line of cables under my DVD burner.

The PSU is modular! Kind of hard to find one with this type of quality that's modular.
I used this PSU with.....
OC'd Athlon II x4 630
Crossfire 5770's, both Overclocked
3 7,200 RPM sata drives
1 5,400 RPM sata drive

Heat was never a problem and the cards had ample amps. :D 

Only reason for selling is because I got a really good deal on a used Silverstone that will support crossfire 5870's, so I had to go for it.
Here's a link to the Rocketfish - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+-+50... 500&cp=1&lp=1

This does support i7's/Xeon CPU's. This PSU is still under warranty, however I cannot find the box/reciept. They may just go buy serial # though, but I'll sell this as though it doesn't have a warranty. You can call BestBuy if you'd like to ask. (Rocketfish=BestBuy gaming brand)

I would rate this as one of the best PSU's I've ever owned, and I've gone through quite a few. lol
I'm sad to see this go, but I'm really in need of the money.

I'd like to get $60 shipped, but I'm always open to offers.
Please feel free to PM me or post your questions/offers here on the thread.

- Matt
This is more expensive than some PSU's because it is modular, so please take that into consideration.
January 21, 2011 10:44:47 PM

The title of this topic has been edited by Mousemonkey
January 25, 2011 1:01:55 AM

Bump
Still taking offers!
January 25, 2011 1:44:23 PM

Quote:
Don't...
* Bump posts, claim "first!"
Related resources
!