Fax setup

February 1, 2005 1:59:02 PM

I confused as to what I can do with Windows XP Fax.

Do I need local fax device attached to my computer, or with a remote fax
device connected to fax resources located on a network as I interpret the
following paragraph or can I set up XP to dial a 10 digit fax number via a
modem and send the fax and also hace XP answer an incoming telephone line
ring and receive a fax.

"Using FaxFax provides you with complete fax facilities from your computer.
You can configure fax settings, send and receive faxes, track and monitor fax
activity, and access archived faxes. Using Fax, you can choose to send and
receive faxes with a local fax device attached to your computer, or with a
remote fax device connected to fax resources located on a network."

If I can do I later I will install a modem and follow the fax install
instructions.
Thanks
Pagen

More about : fax setup

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 10:29:37 PM

Hi,

You can use your normal modem to directly send and recieve faxes. Note that
this is a standard fax or fax/voice modem used for a dial up connection, not
a dsl or cable modem (which is not a modem in the same sense).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Pagen" <Pagen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I confused as to what I can do with Windows XP Fax.
>
> Do I need local fax device attached to my computer, or with a remote fax
> device connected to fax resources located on a network as I interpret the
> following paragraph or can I set up XP to dial a 10 digit fax number via a
> modem and send the fax and also hace XP answer an incoming telephone line
> ring and receive a fax.
>
> "Using FaxFax provides you with complete fax facilities from your
> computer.
> You can configure fax settings, send and receive faxes, track and monitor
> fax
> activity, and access archived faxes. Using Fax, you can choose to send and
> receive faxes with a local fax device attached to your computer, or with a
> remote fax device connected to fax resources located on a network."
>
> If I can do I later I will install a modem and follow the fax install
> instructions.
> Thanks
> Pagen

Anonymous