Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
Yeah, I got stupid with a new MSI nForce2 KG-L board. It booted, was working fine until I made some changes in the BIOS (lowered multiplier, upped FSB, standard stuff).

Anyhow, next time around I can't get a visual. I pulled the battery out, unplugged the ATX power from the board and waited. Nothing I do will take me back into BIOS, and I actually just got a HIGH low HIGH low beep code which I think is bad CPU (I posted this in another thread).

I really doubt the CPU went bad after this one change, so anybody know a good fix?

<font color=purple><i>If I had a notch on my belt for every PC I'd destroyed, I'd have a really crappy looking belt</i></font color=purple>

Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
If I did, I'll be so pissed. I lowered the multiplier to 10 and made the FSB like 175, with an XP 2100 Revision B T-Bred. In other words, that CPU shoulda cakewalked with those settings (since my other one runs at 2.1 easily).

I'm gonna try to switch CPU's tomorrow, I'll post the results. Man I hate these wierd problems, but at the same time I love fixing them.

<font color=purple><i>If I had a notch on my belt for every PC I'd destroyed, I'd have a really crappy looking belt</i></font color=purple>

Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
Wow, after all was said and done the board was just shot. I took out the CPU and put it in my A7V333. Just for kicks I wanted to see if it OC'd farther than my 0302 T-bred B. Got it to 180 FSB 13 multiplier with all stock voltages (180x13=2340ghz) so it definitely wasn't the CPU!

I then put my other CPU into the MSI board, and kept getting different color combinations on MSI's LED card. Anyhow I stripped all components out and the board still choked. Can you say RMA?