Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • PlayStation
  • Computers
  • Monitors
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
February 12, 2009 9:30:52 PM

Hey guys. I've been looking around, and it says to use a Capture Card to play PS2 through a computer monitor.

Would I be able to use this:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/USB-VHS-to-DVD-Converter-Adapter-VID...|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1308

All help is appreciated, thanks.

More about : playing ps2 computer monitor

February 13, 2009 9:20:35 AM

not your ideal solution as it runs through your pc.

what connections has your monitor got?
February 13, 2009 1:47:49 PM

Nothing special. Just the VGA In and the Power cord.
Related resources
April 1, 2009 12:39:41 AM

I used to use one of those ATI All-In-Wonder cards for this. It has a device similar to the one you linked on Ebay except it plugs in to your video card instead of the USB. That must have been about 8 years ago.

After looking at ATI's site a bit, it looks like they've altered the function of these All-In-Wonders to really only be one piece of your entertainment system instead of the central piece of your entertainment system (like a receiver for all your connections). It doesn't look like plugging in a PS2 (or any other console) is at the top of their features list.
a b C Monitor
April 1, 2009 12:13:26 PM

Your overcomplicating the setup. The easiest way would be to use a diffrent output (There is a PS2 VGA Adaptor that includes 2 channel audio RCA jacks) and connect video directly to your moniter. And as long as your system can handle RCA jacks for audio (theres plently of converters to convert RCA to the mini inputs a PC uses), you can avoid using a capture card.

For my PS3, I use HDMI to my moniter, and Optical to my sound system. No capture device required.
a b C Monitor
August 24, 2010 7:09:15 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey