self opening html discs

lynn

I'm trying to make a disc of my website which opens automatically when the
disc is inserted.
Although I have copied the site onto disc, the standard options on insertion
are displayed, ie What do you want windows to do?-Play using media player,
print the pictures etc.
I have created another index.htm outside of the main website folder with
hyperlink into the index.htm inside the website folder but still get the
same standard disc insertion options.
How do I get an autostart of the index.htm?

Put your "index.htm" file in the root of the CD in question.

Create a file in the "root" directory of the CD called "autorun.inf".

Open this file, with a "text" editor, such as "notepad" add these lines then
save it:

[AutoRun]
open=index.htm

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"

"Lynn" <lynn.robson@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm trying to make a disc of my website which opens automatically when the
> disc is inserted.
> Although I have copied the site onto disc, the standard options on
insertion
> are displayed, ie What do you want windows to do?-Play using media player,
> print the pictures etc.
> I have created another index.htm outside of the main website folder with
> hyperlink into the index.htm inside the website folder but still get the
> same standard disc insertion options.
> How do I get an autostart of the index.htm?

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Could this (http://www.naughter.com/shelexec.html) be of help?