user rights

I need to set up a user with rights ONLY access the internet and games

no disc drive access
no folder access
no program access
3 answers Last reply
More about user rights

    OK...go right ahead and then let us how you did it.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "DAve" wrote:

    | I need to set up a user with rights ONLY access the internet and games
    |
    | no disc drive access
    | no folder access
    | no program access

    Carey being something other than too nice. Wow, seen everything now.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message news:u268wJdCFHA.956@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > OK...go right ahead and then let us how you did it.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    > "DAve" wrote:
    >
    > | I need to set up a user with rights ONLY access the internet and games
    > |
    > | no disc drive access
    > | no folder access
    > | no program access

    How are you going to play games with no disc drive access, no folder access &
    no program access?

    I think you just need to get a second machine for the kids if that's what
    you are getting at.

    "DAve" wrote:

    > I need to set up a user with rights ONLY access the internet and games
    >
    > no disc drive access
    > no folder access
    > no program access

Internet Microsoft Windows XP