No Start menu icon and taskbar icons

For some odd reason I lost my start menu win xp icon as well as all the icons
I had on my task bar. They are around possibly just not visible. Can any one
help?? Pls?
3 answers Last reply
More about start menu icon taskbar icons

    Have you ba any chance modified your taskbar, ie. ticked "Hide taskbar
    automatically"? Drag your cursor "over" the screen borders and see if it
    shows up. If it does, RClick on it -> Properties, and uncheck the setting...

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Priya" <Priya@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > For some odd reason I lost my start menu win xp icon as well as all the
    icons
    > I had on my task bar. They are around possibly just not visible. Can any
    one
    > help?? Pls?

    No.. I have not..

    I see a green wide task bar going from one end to the other end of my
    screen.. with a blue border. Any where that I click on this green button I
    get the start menu. There is no start button or any of the other icons I had
    on the task bar. I cannot right click on this green bar. The only menu I get
    when I right click on this one is the one for the start menu itself.

    On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:01:04 -0800, Priya wrote:

    > No.. I have not..
    >
    > I see a green wide task bar going from one end to the other end of my
    > screen.. with a blue border. Any where that I click on this green button I
    > get the start menu. There is no start button or any of the other icons I had
    > on the task bar. I cannot right click on this green bar. The only menu I get
    > when I right click on this one is the one for the start menu itself.

    It sounds like your taskbar has changed into one giant start button. MVP
    Kelly Theriot has a program for fixing taskbar problems. A limited version
    is free. Full version is also available. Don't know if the free version
    fixes the problem you're having but it should be worth a try:

    (Apparently, there's no need to fill in name and email unless you're going
    to purchase the full version)

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Taskbar Start Menu Microsoft Icons Windows XP