No Start menu icon and taskbar icons

For some odd reason I lost my start menu win xp icon as well as all the icons
I had on my task bar. They are around possibly just not visible. Can any one
help?? Pls?

Have you ba any chance modified your taskbar, ie. ticked "Hide taskbar
automatically"? Drag your cursor "over" the screen borders and see if it
shows up. If it does, RClick on it -> Properties, and uncheck the setting...

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Priya" <Priya@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> For some odd reason I lost my start menu win xp icon as well as all the
icons
> I had on my task bar. They are around possibly just not visible. Can any
one
> help?? Pls?

No.. I have not..

I see a green wide task bar going from one end to the other end of my
screen.. with a blue border. Any where that I click on this green button I
get the start menu. There is no start button or any of the other icons I had
on the task bar. I cannot right click on this green bar. The only menu I get
when I right click on this one is the one for the start menu itself.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:01:04 -0800, Priya wrote:

> No.. I have not..
>
> I see a green wide task bar going from one end to the other end of my
> screen.. with a blue border. Any where that I click on this green button I
> get the start menu. There is no start button or any of the other icons I had
> on the task bar. I cannot right click on this green bar. The only menu I get
> when I right click on this one is the one for the start menu itself.

It sounds like your taskbar has changed into one giant start button. MVP
Kelly Theriot has a program for fixing taskbar problems. A limited version
is free. Full version is also available. Don't know if the free version
fixes the problem you're having but it should be worth a try:

(Apparently, there's no need to fill in name and email unless you're going
to purchase the full version)

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User