Safe Mode

I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While running
in safe mode" What does that mean?
--
rkent
5 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    You can follow thses steps to go to safe mode.

    Its just because Safe mode option loads a minimal set of drivers. You can
    use these options to start Windows so that you can modify the registry or
    load or remove drivers.

    To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps: 1. Restart your computer and
    start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured
    for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when you
    the Boot Menu appears.
    2. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then
    press ENTER.
    3. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in
    blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and then
    press ENTER.

    "rkent" wrote:

    > I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While running
    > in safe mode" What does that mean?
    > --
    > rkent

    "Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error
    Message When You Try to Add or Remove a Program
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B315346

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:2F271746-5E73-4F6C-A2BE-AD4E8DD676CA@microsoft.com,
    rkent <rkent@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    "G.K.Bharadwaj" <GKBharadwaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > You can follow thses steps to go to safe mode.
    >
    > Its just because Safe mode option loads a minimal set of drivers. You can
    > use these options to start Windows so that you can modify the registry or
    > load or remove drivers.
    >
    > To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps: 1. Restart your computer
    > and
    > start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is
    > configured
    > for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when
    > you
    > the Boot Menu appears.
    > 2. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and
    > then
    > press ENTER.
    > 3. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in
    > blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and
    > then
    > press ENTER.
    >

    > "rkent" wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While
    >> running
    >> in safe mode" What does that mean?

    I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While running
    in safe mode"

    OP writes the above and you give an explanation of how to get into safe
    mode.

    Read the posting.

    rkent wrote:
    > I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While running
    > in safe mode" What does that mean?

    Why are you installing in Safe Mode?

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and

    Hi,

    Well i would like to tell you that safe mode is a mode where we troubleshoot
    the services and drivers. In this mode many services are disabled. Thats is
    the reason you are unable to install it in safe mode.. Please try to install
    it in normal mode.

    Please reply and let me know.
    "Tricia" wrote:

    > "G.K.Bharadwaj" <GKBharadwaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > You can follow thses steps to go to safe mode.
    > >
    > > Its just because Safe mode option loads a minimal set of drivers. You can
    > > use these options to start Windows so that you can modify the registry or
    > > load or remove drivers.
    > >
    > > To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps: 1. Restart your computer
    > > and
    > > start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is
    > > configured
    > > for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when
    > > you
    > > the Boot Menu appears.
    > > 2. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and
    > > then
    > > press ENTER.
    > > 3. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in
    > > blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and
    > > then
    > > press ENTER.
    > >

    > > "rkent" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While
    > >> running
    > >> in safe mode" What does that mean?
    >

    > I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While running
    > in safe mode"
    >
    > OP writes the above and you give an explanation of how to get into safe
    > mode.
    >
    > Read the posting.

Safe Mode Microsoft Windows XP