Safe Mode

February 3, 2005 11:59:05 AM

I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While running
in safe mode" What does that mean?
--
rkent

More about : safe mode

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 12:11:02 PM

Hi,

You can follow thses steps to go to safe mode.

Its just because Safe mode option loads a minimal set of drivers. You can
use these options to start Windows so that you can modify the registry or
load or remove drivers.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps: 1. Restart your computer and
start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured
for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when you
the Boot Menu appears.
2. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then
press ENTER.
3. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in
blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and then
press ENTER.

"rkent" wrote:

> I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While running
> in safe mode" What does that mean?
> --
> rkent
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 9:37:58 PM

"Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error
Message When You Try to Add or Remove a Program
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:2F271746-5E73-4F6C-A2BE-AD4E8DD676CA@microsoft.com,
rkent <rkent@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While
> running in safe mode" What does that mean?
> --
> rkent
February 4, 2005 1:43:07 AM

"G.K.Bharadwaj" <GKBharadwaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> You can follow thses steps to go to safe mode.
>
> Its just because Safe mode option loads a minimal set of drivers. You can
> use these options to start Windows so that you can modify the registry or
> load or remove drivers.
>
> To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps: 1. Restart your computer
> and
> start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is
> configured
> for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when
> you
> the Boot Menu appears.
> 2. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and
> then
> press ENTER.
> 3. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in
> blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and
> then
> press ENTER.
>

> "rkent" wrote:
>
>> I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While
>> running
>> in safe mode" What does that mean?

I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While running
in safe mode"

OP writes the above and you give an explanation of how to get into safe
mode.

Read the posting.
February 4, 2005 1:44:58 AM

rkent wrote:
> I am trying to install a program & I get that I can't install "While running
> in safe mode" What does that mean?

Why are you installing in Safe Mode?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and

Hi,

Well i would like to tell you that safe mode is a mode where we troubleshoot
the services and drivers. In this mode many services are disabled. Thats is
the reason you are unable to install it in safe mode.. Please try to install
it in normal mode.

Please reply and let me know.

!