Genus

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2003
I have built a new computer a couple of months ago using Athlon XP 2000+ and Soyo Dragon Lite mobo. After working flawlessly for two months, the computer went caput. Everytime I turn it on, it goes back and forth reading the drives on it and that's it (no video, no sound, no beeps!) I reset the BIOS on the board and while holding the <Insert> key (?weird? soyo website recomends) restarted the computer. It booted up fine with a reset BIOS, as soon as I power down and turn it back on again, same problem as before. I've replaced the onboard battery and still the same problem. Any ideas at all??? I am stuck and the tech support at SOYO is not so much help! Anyway, if anyone has any idea on what to try, it'd be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

"Make me some if you're making some"

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
check power supply

You never know how stupid you are until you have done something stupid enough for you to realize it.
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>

Genus

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2003
I didn't know that the power supply could have this effect on the system. I'll definately give it a shot. After all, a new power supply is better then bying a new motherboard. Thanks for the advice. Hope it works.

"Make me some if you're making some"