Hi,
When I access my control panel the resultant window is in the classic mode,
but the option panel on the left is missing, how can I restore it? I have
attemted a S\R but this failed to remedy the situation.

--
John M.

"Switch to Classic View" option is missing in the Control Panel Common
Tasks:
http://www.winxptutor.com/cpclassic.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"John M" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> When I access my control panel the resultant window is in the classic
> mode,
> but the option panel on the left is missing, how can I restore it? I have
> attemted a S\R but this failed to remedy the situation.
>

> --
> John M.

Hi,

Got as far as "policies" in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer, but explorer not revealed.

NonEmum, Ratings, and System are revealed.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> "Switch to Classic View" option is missing in the Control Panel Common
> Tasks:
> http://www.winxptutor.com/cpclassic.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "John M" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > When I access my control panel the resultant window is in the classic
> > mode,
> > but the option panel on the left is missing, how can I restore it? I have
> > attemted a S\R but this failed to remedy the situation.
> >

> > --
> > John M.

Did the following;
"Tools > Folder Options" and in the pop up box click "show windows common
tasks", apply/ok.

"John M" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Got as far as "policies" in
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer, but explorer not revealed.
>
> NonEmum, Ratings, and System are revealed.
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > "Switch to Classic View" option is missing in the Control Panel Common
> > Tasks:
> > http://www.winxptutor.com/cpclassic.htm
> >
> > --
> > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP Shell/User
> > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >

> > "John M" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > When I access my control panel the resultant window is in the classic
> > > mode,
> > > but the option panel on the left is missing, how can I restore it? I have
> > > attemted a S\R but this failed to remedy the situation.
> > >

> > > --
> > > John M.

John,

Have you checked here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Also, is the Common Tasks enabled?

--

> Hi,
>
> Got as far as "policies" in
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer,
> but explorer not revealed.
>
> NonEmum, Ratings, and System are revealed.

Inzaman has turned human. He's been observed moving, breathing, AND showing emotion. Pak chasing 238 to win, bowling Australia out in 49 overs.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message news:uxgNjNoCFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> John,
>
> Have you checked here:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
>
> Also, is the Common Tasks enabled?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "John M" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Got as far as "policies" in
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer,
>> but explorer not revealed.
>>
>> NonEmum, Ratings, and System are revealed.

>> He's been observed moving, breathing, AND showing emotion

LOL!!

Inzi is a very good player. He can hit big shots with minimal efforts, like
M.Waugh does.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Inzaman has turned human. He's been observed moving, breathing, AND showing
emotion. Pak chasing 238 to win, bowling Australia out in 49 overs.

http://www.uscricket.com

But a poor runner between the wickets.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

>>> He's been observed moving, breathing, AND showing emotion
>
> LOL!!
>
> Inzi is a very good player. He can hit big shots with minimal efforts,
> like M.Waugh does.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> Inzaman has turned human. He's been observed moving, breathing, AND
> showing emotion. Pak chasing 238 to win, bowling Australia out in 49
> overs.

> http://www.uscricket.com

The TV people are saying that Shoab Aktar not playing today made Pak into a team. They think he's a prima donna and he destroys team unity.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message news:uzdEbdoCFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> But a poor runner between the wickets.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

>> LOL!!
>>
>> Inzi is a very good player. He can hit big shots with minimal efforts,
>> like M.Waugh does.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> Inzaman has turned human. He's been observed moving, breathing, AND
>> showing emotion. Pak chasing 238 to win, bowling Australia out in 49
>> overs.
>>
>> --
>> http://www.uscricket.com

Shoaib also plays well Offline ;-)
http://news.newkerala.com/india-news/?action=fullnews&id=65198

--

The TV people are saying that Shoab Aktar not playing today made Pak into a
team. They think he's a prima donna and he destroys team unity.

http://www.uscricket.com
> But a poor runner between the wickets.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

>> LOL!!
>>
>> Inzi is a very good player. He can hit big shots with minimal efforts,
>> like M.Waugh does.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> Inzaman has turned human. He's been observed moving, breathing, AND
>> showing emotion. Pak chasing 238 to win, bowling Australia out in 49
>> overs.
>>
>> --
>> http://www.uscricket.com

They all do away from home.

4/27 in the 12th. Inzaman 7 no.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message news:ueuGqtoCFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Shoaib also plays well Offline ;-)
> http://news.newkerala.com/india-news/?action=fullnews&id=65198
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> The TV people are saying that Shoab Aktar not playing today made Pak into a
> team. They think he's a prima donna and he destroys team unity.

> http://www.uscricket.com
>> But a poor runner between the wickets.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>>
>>> LOL!!
>>>
>>> Inzi is a very good player. He can hit big shots with minimal efforts,
>>> like M.Waugh does.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>>> Inzaman has turned human. He's been observed moving, breathing, AND
>>> showing emotion. Pak chasing 238 to win, bowling Australia out in 49
>>> overs.
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://www.uscricket.com

I assume the problem is resolved now?

--

> Did the following;
> "Tools > Folder Options" and in the pop up box click "show windows common
> tasks", apply/ok.
>

> "John M" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Got as far as "policies" in
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer,
>> but explorer not revealed.
>>
>> NonEmum, Ratings, and System are revealed.

Yes, thank you for your input, very grateful.

John.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> I assume the problem is resolved now?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "John M" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Did the following;
> > "Tools > Folder Options" and in the pop up box click "show windows common
> > tasks", apply/ok.
> >

> > "John M" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Got as far as "policies" in
> >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer,
> >> but explorer not revealed.
> >>
> >> NonEmum, Ratings, and System are revealed.

You're welcome