Windows Subsystem Error

my system crashed recently and i had to restore the operating system.
Now whenever i try to use the DVD or CD/RW i get a message
'16 bit windows subsystem
C:\windows\system32\autoexe.nt
the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft applications'

Can anyone help ?
thanks

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
Program"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

--

Will Denny