Windows Subsystem Error

my system crashed recently and i had to restore the operating system.
Now whenever i try to use the DVD or CD/RW i get a message
'16 bit windows subsystem
C:\windows\system32\autoexe.nt
the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft applications'

Can anyone help ?
thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows subsystem error

    Hi

    Please see if the following article helps:

    "Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
    Program"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Steve Healey" <SteveHealey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my system crashed recently and i had to restore the operating system.
    > Now whenever i try to use the DVD or CD/RW i get a message
    > '16 bit windows subsystem
    > C:\windows\system32\autoexe.nt
    > the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft
    > applications'
    >
    > Can anyone help ?
    > thanks

Microsoft Windows XP