install HP Laserjet Plus in XP

a b α HP
February 4, 2005 1:43:02 AM

I have had an HP Laserjet 4+ since windows 3.1 thru 98SE - running with
no problems. When I upgraded to XP, I cannot install the printer. I
have downloaded the latest drivers from HP, but the printer will not
print a test page after installation. The printer works, since I can
print a test page from the printer menu.
I can hook this up to my old system running 98SE and it runs fine.
Anyone experience similar problems or have a solution?

--
CBPMIKE

More about : install laserjet

Anonymous
a b α HP
February 4, 2005 1:43:03 AM

Open your Control Panel and click on the "Add Hardware" icon­.
The "Add Hardware Wizard" will appear.

1. Click on Next and place a dot next to "Yes, I have alrea­dy connected the hardware".
2. Click Next and scroll all the way down to "Add a new har­dware device".
3. Click once to highlight it and click Next.
4. Place a dot next to "Install the hardware that I manuall­y select from a list (Advanced)".
5. Click Next and scroll down to "Printers", click once to ­highlight and click Next.
6. Place a dot next to "Use the following port" and click N­ext.
7. In the "Install Printer Software Screen", on the left si­de scroll down to "HP"
and click once to highlight, then in the right-side scr­oll down to
"HP LaserJet 4", click on it to highlight, then ­click Next to install the software.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"CBPMIKE" wrote:

| I have had an HP Laserjet 4+ since windows 3.1 thru 98SE - running with
| no problems. When I upgraded to XP, I cannot install the printer. I
| have downloaded the latest drivers from HP, but the printer will not
| print a test page after installation. The printer works, since I can
| print a test page from the printer menu.
| I can hook this up to my old system running 98SE and it runs fine.
| Anyone experience similar problems or have a solution?
|
| --
| CBPMIKE
Anonymous
a b α HP
February 5, 2005 10:30:51 PM

CBPMIKE wrote:

>I have had an HP Laserjet 4+ since windows 3.1 thru 98SE - running with
>no problems. When I upgraded to XP, I cannot install the printer. I
>have downloaded the latest drivers from HP, but the printer will not
>print a test page after installation. The printer works, since I can
>print a test page from the printer menu.

do not try drivers downloaded from HP. Go to Start - Printers and
Faxes, use Add Printer on the left. Select the port (LPT1) and continue
- do not search for Plug and Play. In the list take HP on the left and
then (well down) the LaserJet 4 Plus for Microsoft Windows XP