Help: My paint(mspaint.exe) in accesories was broken...

When I run the Paint, it says:
Paint has encoutered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
I have reinstalled the component, the problem still.
How can I do?
Thanks.

Type Regedit in Start Run and delete
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint

Paint will write it's default settings next time it starts. Often these probs are caused by a previous saved setting.

http://www.uscricket.com
"rogers" <rogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B28D8B6C-7B2B-4E13-87EB-1ADA11AB68CB@microsoft.com...
> When I run the Paint, it says:
> Paint has encoutered a problem and needs to close.
> We are sorry for the inconvenience.
> I have reinstalled the component, the problem still.
> How can I do?
> Thanks.

It works.
Thank you very much!

“David Candy�编写:

> Type Regedit in Start Run and delete
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint
>
> Paint will write it's default settings next time it starts. Often these probs are caused by a previous saved setting.

> http://www.uscricket.com
> "rogers" <rogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B28D8B6C-7B2B-4E13-87EB-1ADA11AB68CB@microsoft.com...
> > When I run the Paint, it says:
> > Paint has encoutered a problem and needs to close.
> > We are sorry for the inconvenience.
> > I have reinstalled the component, the problem still.
> > How can I do?
> > Thanks.

redej0_65

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
I had the same issue, tried the registry fix but it still persisted. I opened up the program in debug (Vs2008) and in the assembly code I found two lines that were trying to set the screen top and left positions that were in a divide by zero error, I skipped them and the program worked fine. It happened over and over until it hit me. My desktop has two monitors defined in the desktop properties and one was not in use. ( I have a projector I sometimes use) it was trying to start in its last known position which was no longer on so it got a zero and tried to do a divide on it! I started up the other monitor #2 swapped my launched mspaint and moved it to my primary monitor and created a test bmp file and saved it then exited and it is now okay again! There is some kind is system variable that it uses that should be mapped back to the primary monitor when it is not on. I use XP is assume they already found and fixed this in vista or 7. I hope... :)