Any ideas on adding RAM for a Pavilion 8570 c? Impossible ..

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b α HP
August 8, 2004 11:28:28 PM

I have other Pavilions and have to fiddle aound taking both side
panels off but you eventually can get to the RAM.

The 8570 c does not appear to allow you to open the side of the case
where the bottom of the motherboard is. You remove the panel and you
see a metal bottom. No other screws to unscrew to get more access.

It looks like the only way is:

1. Unscrew the power supply.
2. Remove the P3 chip (cpu) and big fan assemby to cool it.
3. Remove the 3.5 floppy and maybe the hard drive.

Any ideas on trying to get to the RAM without taking the whole thing
apart?
August 9, 2004 1:27:40 AM

The carriage pulls out . . . done it myself:
Check:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=586...

They even have a video.

--
Chuck
"Bobby Fischler" <francishals@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
> I have other Pavilions and have to fiddle aound taking both side
> panels off but you eventually can get to the RAM.
>
> The 8570 c does not appear to allow you to open the side of the case
> where the bottom of the motherboard is. You remove the panel and you
> see a metal bottom. No other screws to unscrew to get more access.
>
> It looks like the only way is:
>
> 1. Unscrew the power supply.
> 2. Remove the P3 chip (cpu) and big fan assemby to cool it.
> 3. Remove the 3.5 floppy and maybe the hard drive.
>
> Any ideas on trying to get to the RAM without taking the whole thing
> apart?
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 9, 2004 6:47:14 AM

I was similarly stumped when I attempted to upgrade memory in a client's
Pavilion with Athlon CPU. The Pavilion cases are so damned cramped that access
to the innards can be very difficult... Ben Myers

On 8 Aug 2004 19:28:28 -0700, francishals@yahoo.co.nz (Bobby Fischler) wrote:

>I have other Pavilions and have to fiddle aound taking both side
>panels off but you eventually can get to the RAM.
>
>The 8570 c does not appear to allow you to open the side of the case
>where the bottom of the motherboard is. You remove the panel and you
>see a metal bottom. No other screws to unscrew to get more access.
>
>It looks like the only way is:
>
>1. Unscrew the power supply.
>2. Remove the P3 chip (cpu) and big fan assemby to cool it.
>3. Remove the 3.5 floppy and maybe the hard drive.
>
>Any ideas on trying to get to the RAM without taking the whole thing
>apart?
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 9, 2004 1:13:24 PM

"Chuck" <yadayada@blah.blah> wrote in message news:<9YGdnesZuqulYIvcRVn-pA@comcast.com>...
> The carriage pulls out . . . done it myself:
> Check:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=586...
>
> They even have a video.
>
> --
> Chuck
> "Bobby Fischler" <francishals@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
> > I have other Pavilions and have to fiddle aound taking both side
> > panels off but you eventually can get to the RAM.
> >
> > The 8570 c does not appear to allow you to open the side of the case
> > where the bottom of the motherboard is. You remove the panel and you
> > see a metal bottom. No other screws to unscrew to get more access.
> >
> > It looks like the only way is:
> >
> > 1. Unscrew the power supply.
> > 2. Remove the P3 chip (cpu) and big fan assemby to cool it.
> > 3. Remove the 3.5 floppy and maybe the hard drive.
> >
> > Any ideas on trying to get to the RAM without taking the whole thing
> > apart?

Thanks Chuck. I have added RAM to my 6835 and 4550Z Pavilions. They
are great little machines that run forever but adding memory is like a
Chinese puzzle.

In the past, I figured it out on the 6835 and 4550 z after some
thought & trial & error. I was just stumped on the 8570 c.
!