Free windows 7 but i'm not sure which to download from msdnaa

Flankercom

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
hello i'm a student at my school and i have a 64 bit processor. i was given a msdnaa account and when i look on their website of free software i'm not sure which to download. Can a few experts look at this site and tell me the best one to download. Oh yeah i'm not sure but the options might be upgrade versions only??? not sure. please tell me what you think. Also there is a drop down box of a ton of programs i can get for free.

Heres the Link: http://msdn06.e-academy.com/elms/Storefront/Storefront.aspx?campus=wvup_tech&np1=112

Solution
Windows 7 Professional x64 is the one to go for. Unless you have a 32 bit only processor (which apparently you have determined is not the case), there is not much point in using 32 bit versions of Windows anymore.

Regarding the upgrade version question... MSDN and MSDNAA copies of Microsoft software are typically retail licenses, unless otherwise specified. I didn't see anything indicating that they were not retail, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Windows 7 Professional x64 is the one to go for. Unless you have a 32 bit only processor (which apparently you have determined is not the case), there is not much point in using 32 bit versions of Windows anymore.

Regarding the upgrade version question... MSDN and MSDNAA copies of Microsoft software are typically retail licenses, unless otherwise specified. I didn't see anything indicating that they were not retail, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Solution

Flankercom

Distinguished
May 1, 2010

ok but theres an x86 copy isn't that also a 64 bit copy?